Colorado State University
Posting Detail Information
|Working Title||Charter Bus Driver (PART-TIME / Full Benefit Eligibility)|
|Position Location||Fort Collins, CO 80523|
|Does this position qualify for hybrid or remote work?||No|
|Classification Title||Equipment Operator III|
|Position Type||State Classified|
|Salary||$20.25 – $23.00 (Hourly + Full Benefit Eligibility)|
|Employee Benefits||Colorado State University (CSU) and the State of Colorado are committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time classified employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ and https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/ .|
|State Classified Hourly||Yes|
|Description of Work Unit||Transportation Services mission is to manage the University’s entire fleet of vehicles and trailers, providing the highest quality service and transportation to Colorado State University and other State customers to help fulfill their goals and objectives. Providing a wide variety of fleet management services, including vehicle maintenance and repair, bus services, daily rentals, auto liability insurance premium allocation, comprehensive and collision funding, and vehicle accident investigation and repairs.|
|Position Summary||To operate large passenger buses, with three axles and passenger capacity of 47 passengers or more, in a safe and professional manner. To provide a safe, reliable, and courteous means of transportation to the customers of Colorado State University and Transportation Services across town or across the country. The position vests with the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).|
|Minimum Qualifications||* Three years (36 months, full-time equivalent – part-time experience will be calculated) of experience driving passenger buses.
* Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License – Class B with a P2 endorsement.
|Preferred Qualifications||The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
Essential Job Duties
|Job Duty Category||Bus Driving|
|Duty/Responsibility||* Transport customers to specific destinations, whether the destination is in town or across the United States.
* Operate a large over the road motor coach in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
* Properly load luggage and other items on the bus for safety.
* Minor vehicle maintenance as needed
|Percentage Of Time||75|
|Job Duty Category||Cleaning|
|Duty/Responsibility||* Clean bus interior and exterior to keep up vehicle condition and appearance
* Dump restroom holding tank and clean restroom for health reasons
|Percentage Of Time||10|
|Job Duty Category||Customer Service|
|Duty/Responsibility||* Provide customer service to meet passenger needs by loading and unloading supplies, luggage, or any materials relating to the trip.
* Work with passengers to meet their needs to make the trip as enjoyable as possible.
|Percentage Of Time||5|
|Job Duty Category||Record Keeping|
|Duty/Responsibility||* Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on bus for mechanical problems as required by law.
* Complete trip log and inspection paperwork properly as required by law.
* Advise maintenance personnel of vehicle problems or of maintenance needs.
|Percentage Of Time||5|
|Job Duty Category||Other duties as assigned|
|Duty/Responsibility||Other duties as assigned|
|Percentage Of Time||5|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||<b>APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION</b>
* Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the <i>Work Experience</i> section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
* Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the <i>Work Experience</i> section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience. Please note: Part-time experience will be calculated to determine the full-time equivalent.
* <b>The <i>Work Experience</i> is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.</b><br>
* If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
** An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the <i>Work Experience</i> section of the Application.
** An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the <i>Work Experience</i> section of the Application.
** Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.<br>
* When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
* Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials. <br>
**Please see the <i>Required Documents</i> section of the posting.
* Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
* The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which <b>require</b> candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
* <b>All status updates for this position will be sent via email from [email protected] , OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.</b><br>
* Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
* The Colorado Partnership for Quality Jobs and Services Act requires state employers to consider the duties and responsibilities of positions employed within the State Personnel System to determine whether the employee occupying the position is a “covered employee.” At this time, based on the responsibilities of this position, this assignment is considered: COVERED.
<b>Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Colorado State University</b>
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Colorado State University is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources – Employment Office, at [email protected] or call (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
<b>DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION</b>
* Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
* All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
|Conditions of Employment||Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Pre-employment Physical – CDOT Physical Card, Pre-employment Drug Testing – Must be willing to submit to random drug testing, Valid Driver’s License – Commercial Driver’s License – Class B with P2 endorsement, Shift Work, On-call Status, Travel – Over the road passenger transportation|
|EEO Statement||Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, [email protected] .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, [email protected] .
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the University’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, [email protected] .
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education .
|Background Check Policy Statement||Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.|
|Employment and Appeal Rights||If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb .
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb . If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.