Nashwaak Rural Community
Chief Administrative Officer
Application Deadline: January 17, 2023
The newly incorporated Nashwaak Rural Community (NRC) is seeking a Chief
Administrative Officer (CAO) to provide administrative leadership and strategic direction.
The CAO is the administrative head of the municipality and is responsible for the overall administration of the NRC. There are 4 direct reports and an overall combined budget of nearly $3M. This position is responsible for ensuring that Council’s strategic and business plans, goals and objectives are met while providing advice and support for the daily operations of the municipality.
The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who is comfortable with communicating and collaborating across the organization, as well as building effective relationships with the Mayor, Council, all levels of government representatives, business and community organizations. Your background will include the ability to inspire and encourage staff with a shared sense of motivation and enthusiasm. You will also possess high levels of efficiency and productivity while dealing with a wide variety of tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A relevant degree in Business or Public Administration, or equivalent.
- Although not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates with a
Professional Accounting designation (CPA).
- At least 6 years of progressive senior managerial experience, preferably in a public sector or not for profit environment.
- Advanced skills in leadership, decision-making and stakeholder relations
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Financial and Budgeting Processes
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Capital Planning
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work with elected officials, community volunteers, boards/committees, and the general public
- The ability to achieve effective results in a team setting.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide positive leadership, direction, mentorship, and coaching to the municipal team.
- Ensure operations and budgets align with strategic plans and annual goals.
- Ensure proper financial recording and reporting and budget management
- Recommend progressive and responsive policies, procedures, systems, and investments.
- Embrace innovation concurrent with the continuous pursuit of cost and operational efficiencies.
- Work with Council to help set vision and direction.
- Monitor all matters associated with risk, legal, finance, policy, business development, infrastructure, projects, safety, environment, and community.
- Build and develop relationships with community members, industries, governments, organizations, institutions, and other potential stakeholders.
Applicants must be willing to relocate to the Nashwaak Rural Community. The municipal office is located in Stanley, NB.
Salary and Benefits
The Nashwaak Rural Community offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and pension. The Salary range for this position is $70,000 to $90,000.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Brunswick: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-17
Expected start date: 2023-02-06
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.