Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party to support the anticipated USAID She Leads, Pakistan Rises activity in Pakistan. This $10M-$25M, five-year activity is expected to be focused to increase women’s participation in Pakistan’s economy by supporting women-led businesses (WLB) including start-ups and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME). The activity is expected to be focused on increasing access to finance, access to digital technology, improving operational performance and supply chain linkages; and developing the entrepreneurship ecosystem that will enable WLBs to start, expand, and innovate.
The COP will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction and vision, oversight, quality and compliance, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. The COP will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires senior-level program management experience with USAID or other donors.
- Overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate to meet the project objectives;
- Drives the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high-quality services;
- Serves as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day activity technical implementation and program management;
- Leads work planning and oversees all project management systems including finance and administration, human resources;
- Ensures USAID compliance and integrity of program operations;
- Supervises senior staff including hiring, mentoring local staff, and consultant engagement;
- Establishes good working relationships with relevant government entities, women’s organizations, private sector stakeholders including banks, microfinance organizations and other donor agencies.
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science, Governance and Civil Society and/or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development; Minimum of three years working on women’s empowerment programs, preferably in Pakistan.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity and motivational skills;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated program management and organizational skills in managing, implementing, and monitoring effective program budgets, finances, and personnel of projects of a similar scale and scope;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on women’s empowerment, preferably in Pakistan;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with the social, political, economic and cultural context of Pakistan;
- Demonstrated experience working with and building the capacity of marginalized groups;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior government representatives at the local, municipal, and national level, local and national civil society actors, donors, USAID representatives, other implementing agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
- Professional proficiency in Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, Saraiki, Balochi, Hindko, Gujari, Pahari-Pothwari, or Brahui preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please use the following link:
Counterpart is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to [email protected]. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.