United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
CONSULTANT POSITION: Child Trafficking Expert Consultant
UNIT: Human Rights, Education, and Empowerment
REPORTS TO: Project Leader
DURATION: Up to 45 days from April 2023 – April 2026
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENT:
Winrock is looking to engage a consultant with technical expertise in child protection, trafficking-in-persons, and social work.
The Child Trafficking Expert Consultant will work with the Project Leader and Survivor Advocacy Group to review and adapt (into Russian) existing training resources (including ECPAT, La Strada, and UNICEF, as well as relevant Winrock modules) for trauma-informed, child-sensitive TIP victim identification, case management, and care. Using the adapted materials, the Consultant will curate training curriculum into customized modules by profession (e.g., social worker, educator, psychologist, physicians) for various service providers.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND DELIVERABLES:
- Review and adapt) existing (including those created by ECPAT, La Strada, and UNICEF, as well as Winrock modules) training resources for trauma-informed, child-sensitive TIP victim identification, case management, and care.
- Create curated training curriculum into customized modules by profession (e.g., social worker, educator, psychologist, physician) for service providers that work in schools, hospitals, shelters, non-governmental organizations, and Juvenile Adaptation Centers (also referred to as Centers for Adaptation of Minors or Centers for the Support of Children in Difficult Life Situations)
- Conduct training of trainers for project resource partners and Survivor Advocacy Group on adapted training resources, highlighting nuances of the Kazakhstan context
- Receive feedback on training curriculum after trainers have conducted initial trainings and further adapt training materials based on feedback
- Support conversion of materials into digital formats
|1||Adapted training curriculum||October 1, 2023|
|2||Profession-specific training modules||October 1, 2023|
|3||Training of Trainers Program||November 1, 2023|
|4||Amended training curriculum based on trainer feedback||January 1, 2024|
|5||Conversion of training materials into digital format||April 1, 2025|
- Minimum Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, public health, public policy, international development, or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in children’s case management or trauma-informed care.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in counselling, case management, child protection, or support to survivors of trafficking or other vulnerable groups
- Strong technical background in child protection, social work, case management, trauma-informed care and comprehensive services for children and their families
- Demonstrated experience in capacity assessments
- Experience with curriculum development and training facilitation
- Experience working counter trafficking-in-persons, child trafficking, migration, child protection, or other related issues in Kazakhstan preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Russian and English required
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of office applications
- Strong attention to detail, ability to organize, and to meet deadlines
Please provide deliverable-based cost proposal, curriculum vitae, and letter of interest at the application link provided.
The deadline for applications is April 15, 2023. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and Winrock reserves the right to make an offer prior to the closing date for applications. Applicants are thus encouraged to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Women, people with disabilities, and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes, and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity, and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion, and equity across the entire organization
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.