IRC (International Rescue Committee)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC’s assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar, and Mosul.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the cleaner is specifically responsible for day-to-day office cleaning as well as performing a wide range of admin and facilities activities and support to IRC Erbil Office and guest house to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Cleaning IRC Erbil office guest houses and daily basis.
- Ensuring soap and clean towels are to the required places in IRC Erbil Office and guest houses
- dusting, vacuuming ,cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning and mopping individual rooms common area (living room and kitchen) in IRC Erbil Office and Guesthouses
- cleaning kitchen surfaces and washing dishes in IRC Erbil Office & Guest houses
- Washing commonly used items (curtains, bed sheets, towels and kitchen towels) in IRC Erbil Guest Houses.
- Changing the bed sheets on regular basis and after residents move out of the guesthouse in IRC Erbil Guest Houses.
- Overseeing stock of IRC-provided supplies (cleaning and kitchen) and alerting SC Officer before stock-out IRC Guest houses
- Cleaning verandas, if applicable
- Inspecting, checking and informing supervisor for damaged equipment or equipment that needs maintenance.
- Follow all health regulations
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply chain officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Supply chain Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: IRC staff
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
How To Apply
Click on the below link:
Closing Date: 15- October -2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.