ChildNet Youth and Family Services
ChildNet Youth and Family Services is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Client Support Services Counselor (CSSC) for our Inland Empire (IE) Behavioral Health Services program located in Palm Desert, CA.
IE Behavioral Health Services provides various support services to Foster Family Network (FFN) foster children, resource parents and their natural families as well as community-based clients. The Client Support Services Counselor (CSSC) provides regular support services to Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) placed clients, resource parents and families in the community, in collaboration with other members of the ISFC and/or mental health treatment team. The CSSC will be assigned to serve high-risk youth and work within the community, coordinating services needed to meet the needs of clients and their families. All services are provided according to county contracts and in compliance with agency policies and procedures and state requirements. Work hours may begin and end at various intervals throughout the day. Work days may include Saturdays and Sundays, and two consecutive days off during the 40 hour work week are not guaranteed. Position requirements include a work schedule not consistent with eight (8) straight scheduled hours of working time. If a business-related call is received between work functions or between intervals of working time, it is expected that an attempt will be made to return the call within 30 minutes.
The Part-Time CSSC responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and provide services, including IHBS/Rehab and TBS services to children and adolescents under the supervision of the CSSC Supervisor or their designee. This will frequently involve one-to-one interaction with a specific client for extended periods.
- Meet with clients regularly, and as often as necessary, to provide opportunities to practice new skills to support them in their home and in various community environments and situations.
- Meet level of service requirements according to the needs of each child identified as requiring services on the client treatment plan.
- Maintain availability for possible crisis intervention services 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
- Attend and participate in CFT, IEP, consult meetings, and other client-related meetings as part of the treatment implementation team.
- Complete assessments, reports and other required paperwork for timely submission to county placing agencies.
- Maintain contact notes and DMH billing documentation for each individual client.
- Identify, report, and respond to extreme behavior, such as verbal aggression, biting, hitting, kicking, throwing items (e.g., food, objects, and/or bodily fluids), self-inflicted injuries, property damage, substance abuse, etc., in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and ChildNet policies and procedures.
- Facilitate sessions with clients as scheduled throughout the week, minimizing missed sessions. Any missed sessions must be made up during the same week.
- Attend DPSS/DMH meetings, provider meetings and other community events as a representative of the agency’s ISFC or TBS program.
- Maintain required CSSC training as outlined in the county contract.
- Maintain availability to meet client needs at varying times, including evenings and weekends.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The Part-Time CSSC shall possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science-related field (e.g., Social Work or Social Welfare, Marriage & Family Therapy, Child Psychology, Child Development, Counseling Psychology or Social Psychology, etc.); AND
- At least six months of experience working with emotionally disturbed children in institutional or out-of-home care settings.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
- Bilingual proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, and understanding Spanish is preferred.
All offers of employment with ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc. are contingent upon a post-offer, pre-hire medical clearance with an occupational physical, tuberculosis screening, and a negative drug test. A background clearance which consists of fingerprinting through the Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search is required. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping a valid California driver’s license, valid auto liability insurance on file, and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
ChildNet falls under the state vaccination mandate from the State Public Health Officer, as a healthcare facility, which requires all employees to be vaccinated/boosted or provide us with a lawful exemption.
Hourly range; $21-$22
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and In-Home Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of children and their families for over 50 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families.
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Part-Time Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b Retirement Plan and become eligible for discretionary employer contribution after 2 years of service, Mileage Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, Stability and Career Advancement, along with paid sick time. ChildNet offers a hybrid work policy; eligibility is determined by business and program needs.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Home Health
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc. falls under the requirement of the state Public Health Officer Health Care Worker vaccination mandate.
- Can you work overtime if necessary?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- working with emotionally disturbed children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.