The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Bangladesh Climate Change Governance Specialist (Short-Term). This position will work with a research team based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Bangladesh Climate Change Governance Specialist (Short-Term) will support the research team in undertaking an assessment of key plans and policies, systems, and governance practices to identify the needs of Bangladesh’s policy environment and governance structure to support favorable transformation of key systems aiming at net-zero emissions and a climate-resilient Bangladesh. This assessment will identify potential interventions that can support long-term systemic shifts in Bangladesh’s climate resilience including enabling policy development, facilitating technology transfer, bolstering climate research, and catalyzing the scaling of climate actions.
* Conduct primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative data analysis related to Bangladesh’s policy frameworks; institutional capacities; economic and financial systems; and governance practices.
* Identify and lead key informant interviews with government, civil society, private sector, donor, and other relevant actors.
* Conduct desk research and literature reviews.
* Draft report sections as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field such as international development, public policy, government, business administration, economics, etc.
* Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis related to the enabling environment.
* In-depth knowledge of the Government of Bangladesh’s climate change planning, implementation, governance, and accountability frameworks.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in climate research or analysis, economic analysis, enabling environment analysis, and/or designing or implementing donor-funded enabling environment programs.
* Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
* Bangladesh nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/CCGovernanceSpecialistBangladesh
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.