International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddrb encourages women and people with disabilities.
Dhaka Hospital was established by icddr,b in 1962 primarily to meet the urgent need to treat patients, particularly children, with severe diarrhoeal disease. It has since grown into a nationally important centre treating more than 140,000 patients a year. It acts as a beacon illustrating what can be achieved by a hospital facility even within a developing world setting. Dhaka Hospital provides an infrastructure for a wide range of clinical research projects. It also plays a critical role in areas such as disease surveillance, monitoring for antimicrobial resistance and clinical training. Dhaka Hospital offers a full range of services, particularly for diarrhoeal and respiratory disease, with infants and children representing a high proportion of patients. It delivers outstanding care, saving an estimated 40,000 lives that might otherwise be lost every year.
The position holder will report to Senior Clinical Pharmacist and will be responsible to receive, dinpense, count, record medical items, enhance functioning of pharmacy and infection control of the assigned area with the objective of providing relevant drugs to patients and researchers and reduce equipment related infection within the guidelines of the hospital and the organization. The incumbent must have the willingness to work in duty roster basis.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Procuring and distributing medical items, maintaining sufficient stocks of medicines, appliances, and hospital supplies, keeping records,managing inventory;
- S/he will participate in periodic and annual physical verification conducted by an external Audit Firm to ensure proper stock management;
- Sterilizing surgical equipment, and overseeing the overall functioning of the pharmacy and infection control activities;
- The individual in this role will dispense prescribed drugs to patients and researchers.The incumbent needs to work in the IT system for medicine and medical equipment dispensing;
- S/he will assist the Senior Clinical Pharmacist in minimizing equipment-related infections by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and organizational guidelines;
- Working closely with the Senior Clinical Pharmacist, s/he will contribute implementing innovative strategies to reduce costs associated with scheduled items nearing expiration;S/he will inform their supervisor about any expired medicines or appliances in advance;
- The incumbent will maintain open communication with patient attendants, doctors, nurses, and colleagues throughout the center. S/he will engage in counselling activities for patients and their attendants, providing high-quality services;
- S/he will take measures to enhance the skills of clinical pharmacists within the organization;
- The individual will be responsible for preparing daily, monthly, and yearly reports on inventory, drug consumption, expiry of medicines, and breakage;
- S/he will inform their supervisor about any medicine shortages or issues with the quality of received items from the central store. Additionally, S/he will provide updates to her/his supervisor based on feedback from patients, patient’s attendants, and staff regarding medicine brands and quality.
Required qualification and experience:
- HSC passed and Diploma in Pharmacy with valid registration from Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh. Candidates having B. Pharm degree will be given preferences.
- 3 years of experience as a pharmacist in a renowned pharmacy.
Recommend your friend
He/she will be responsible for:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Research OfficerInternational Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease ResearchDhaka, BangladeshDhaka, Bangladesh
Customer Success ManagerAtosScotland - ManchesterScotland - Manchester
IT-Expert (m/f/d) IT Engineering Scripting and Automization for AIRBUSStrato PersonalBerlinBerlin
Programme ManagementUnited Nations Office for Project ServicesAccra, GhanaAccra, Ghana