Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Location: New York, New York
Internal Number: 72291
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Magnet(r)-recognized Department of Nursing is made up of almost 5,000 highly skilled nursing personnel, including more than 600 nurse practitioners, 40 clinical nurse specialists, and 32 nurse educators. All are dedicated to delivering expert care to people with cancer and their families. Are you ready to join our dynamic Nursing Team?
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow
- and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Act as an integral member of the clinical research team by administering direct nursing care to research study participants.
- Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional, and external agencies.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient education and patient/family support
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of treatment on protocol and follow-up.
- Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to teaching or reinforcing the principles of Clinical Trials Nursing practiced at MSKCC.
- NYS RN license and BSN
- Three years of clinical nursing experience
- Oncology nursing experience preferred
- Clinical research nursing experience preferred but not necessary
- Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
Pay Range $87,300-$139,800
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.