University of Virginia
Responsible for providing patient care health teaching and a safe environment to patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting or in the patient’s home as directed by physicians and registered nurses.
- Assists the registered nurse and/or physician through data collection concerning the physical psychological social and cultural dimensions of patients according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient’s needs as directed by the registered nurse/physician.
- Maintains efficient patient flow throughout the clinic experience.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient/family teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Performs administrative support responsibilities.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Onsite parking Available
- Must be able to work some Saturday morning shifts (Fewer than 1 per month).
Position Compensation Range: $18.37 – $28.47 Hourly
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) preferred.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: Current Medical Assistant Certification through a recognized national professional association such as, the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), the AMT (American Medical Technologists), NAHP (The National Association of Healthcare Professions), the ARMA (American Registry of Medical Assistants), or the NHA (National Healthcare Association). Credential must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods and frequently bending/stooping/traveling. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, i ncluding the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.