The Communication & Advocacy Officer is responsible for the planning of advocacy activities by Cordaid-Iraq including Women voice first Program in coordination with WROs and WVF’s partners. The CAO will oversee the advocacy work and activities of the change agents including scheduling, implementing, and reporting of advocacy activities. The CAO will provide communication technical support to security & Justice programs to ensure clear communication of Cordaid’s message across all media channels, also will be responsible for the publications of the WVF website.
Provides advice and expertise to managers, senior officers and other public information staff on a range of advocacy and outreach issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves communications/ public relations issues/problems
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To support the development of advocacy strategy and lead on delivery of agreed advocacy objectives.
- To support the advocacy and campaigning activities of the Students for Global Health Coordinator
- To support the Coordinator and Senior Network & Sustainability Adviser with the development of funding proposals, and reporting to donors and other stakeholders.
- Support the Coordinator with the process of developing and agreeing the organisation’s advocacy strategy
- Develop strategic plans for agreed advocacy objectives
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of individual strategic objectives, updating these as appropriate
- Use knowledge and insight into the political environment to inform the organisation’s advocacy actions
- Develop and utilise advocacy channels for the organisation to achieve relevant advocacy objectives
- Develop and maintain clear lines of communication with advocates and key stakeholders internationally and use this to inform our work
- Manage relationships and communication with international institutions and partner networks;
- Other duties as directed by the project manager.
- 3-4 years of work experience in relevant fields, preferably within INGOs sector and at least 1 year at a supervisory level.
- Demonstrated experience in grassroots community mobilization and advocacy.
- Good inter-personal/ Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work effectively in harsh conditions
- Ability to provide strong leadership in especially difficult circumstances
- A strong team player
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to correctly analyze problem situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to develop consensus policy positions and write high-quality policy papers
- Proven ability to develop and implement advocacy strategies
- Proven ability to support local, national and international advocacy initiatives of others.
- Able to motivate/inspire others with ideas
- Innovative, energetic, solution-orientated approach to work
- Strong project planning skills with proven ability to organize and priorotise tasks and to manage own time efficiently
- Ability to understand and manage project finances
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, Project, Powerpoint)
- Very good communication skills in Arabic and English .
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references and Valid Driver’s License . to [email protected], before the deadline which is Oct 18, 2022.
Note: Please include the “CAO-B32022 ” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered.
Due to the urgency, Cordaid reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/. An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.