The Climate Alliance European Secretariat (Brussels Office) is offering a communication traineeship. The successful candidate will join its highly motivated and multilingual Brussels team to work on the European Climate Pact and European City Facility initiatives in close collaboration with the communication manager.
The European Climate Pact is a movement of people united around a common cause, each taking steps in their own worlds to build a more sustainable Europe. Launched by the European Commission, the Pact is part of the European Green Deal and is helping the EU to meet its goal to become climate-neutral by 2050. Climate Alliance is part of the Pact Secretariat, and by joining our team you would support the implementation of our approach to citizen engagement activities.
The European City Facility (EUCF)is an initiative to support municipalities/local authorities across Europe to develop investment concepts to accelerate investments in sustainable energy. As part of the CA team, the communication trainee will assist maintaining the EUCF website and support in the realization of other outreach activities. Additionally, the trainee will have the chance to learn new skills as part of the Climate Alliance Brussels and Frankfurt team.
Description of desired results
Under the supervision of the communication manager, the communication trainee will provide support in the following areas:
- Maintaining up-to-date and improving the EUCF website by creating and posting engaging content for the web;
- Assisting in the production of publications (reports and infographics);
- Creating visual content (mostly images);
- Assisting in the organisation of online and face to face events;
- Assisting the Climate Pact Task 4 Lead in drafting a visual menu of citizen engagement activities and organising related events, both online and in person.
STUDIES AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Degree in strategic communication, journalism or any related fields;
- Very good editing and writing skills in English. Additional languages are an asset;
- Ability to translate technical information into engaging content;
- Experience in using CMS (basic understanding of website development is an asset). Experience in managing social media;
- Basic knowledge of graphic designs skills and tools;
- Video editing (optional);
- Experience in translating texts into visual communication;
- Hands-on experience with hosting meetings/activities at Zoom platform;
- Knowledge of EU Survey is and advantage.
- Interest and/or experience in energy transition, climate change and sustainability;
- Interest and/or experience with participatory methods;
- Team player, proactive and interested to learn new skills;
- Systemic as well as out-of-the-box thinker;
- Creative and innovative approach to communication;
- Dynamic, pro-active and quick-starter;
- Excellent organisational skills, high attention to details and ability to multitask;
- Motivated to work with local authorities and civil society on climate action.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.