World Bank Group
The External Relations Manager will report to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) who oversees the GPE management team. The selected candidate will manage a large team, including direct oversight of the Private Sector and Foundations team and the Donor Relations team and of a senior professional overseeing the Communications team and the Advocacy and Intergovernmental Relations team. The selected candidate will set external relations strategy, represent GPE in related work, coordinate high-level relationships, and manage a diverse body of work. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring an enabling work environment that promotes success of the team and its individual members, and for ensuring strong and effective coordination with other teams and the wider Secretariat.
Duties And Accountabilities:
- In a difficult global foreign aid environment, meet ambitious resource mobilization targets, including sovereign and foundation resources into the GPE Fund and meet challenging leveraging targets at a minimum 1:3 ratio.
- Consolidate and expand the pool of sovereign donors.
- Significantly increase the diversity of contributors from foundations and the private sector.
- Drive more diverse and larger innovative financing sources.
- Leverage the power of GPE partners.
- Represent GPE in external engagements and develop strong relationships with external stakeholders.
- Represent GPE at Ministerial and HoS level.
- Drive greater high-level political influence on the international stage to the benefit of global education.
- Continue to increase the global GPE brand recognition.
People, talent and resource management:
- Provide thought leadership and drive technical excellence within the team by creating an environment of learning and innovation that attracts and retains talent that reflects the diversity of our partners.
- Coordinate and support the work of the various External Relations team leads, together with the senior professional overseeing communications, advocacy and intergovernmental relations.
- Oversee recruitment, coaching, performance evaluation and career development of the team.
- Allocate staff resources in a planned and strategic manner that meets business needs.
- Promote a culture of effective teamwork and collaboration within the team and across the Secretariat.
- Champion a cross-cutting gender lens in all operations and support diversity and inclusion in all team initiatives.
- Oversee the work planning and budgeting process for the team and ensure coordination with other teams in the Secretariat.
- Address staff and resource issues to ensure resolution.
- Be a role model for GPE’s values, internally and externally.
- Be part of GPE’s senior management team.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study (or equivalent education and experience).
- 12 years of experience, including extensive experience developing and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders in public and private sector entities and other organizations.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Occupational Health Nurse Advisor Gateshead, Tyne & Wear + HomebasedOccupational Health StaffingGateshead, Tyne and WearGateshead, Tyne and Wear
Senior Manager CX+I Customer Experience & Innovation ConsultingPublicis SapientHessenHessen
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – HMS Drake Medical Centre-37.5 HoursMilitary Medical PersonnelPlymouth - Devonport, DevonPlymouth - Devonport, Devon
Shift Lead Logistics / Schichtleitung (m/w/d)FlaschenpostPotsdam, BrandenburgPotsdam, Brandenburg