World Health Organization
The purpose of the position is to communicate results and advocate for health at national level, and to promote communications on national health issues and developments, including the work of the WHO Country Office, at regional and global levels.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and support an EPW communications action-plan for the WHO Country Office.
- Plan and develop, with support from Country Office (CO) and RO (Regional Office)staff when necessary, communications messages and products on country work for public and professional groups (policy-makers and health professionals, media, web and social media audiences, and the public).
- Develop and implement selected public health and health care campaigns (e.g. emergency/risk communication, non-communicable diseases (tobacco-control, air pollution), immunization, health sector reforms, mental health, digital health, health equity, international standards in health) including messages, written and multimedia materials, dissemination and follow-up.
- Contribute to Regional communications strategies and plans, and coordinate/share information with the Regional communications team on key communications activities including capacity-building.
- Review the national social media landscape, identify appropriate platform(s) to build a WHO country office presence, and maintain this presence through regular postings and engagement on such accounts/platforms.
- Ensure proper visibility of the various initiatives managed by WHO and the broad collaboration (including development partners and donors) in these areas of work (e.g. provide input to appropriate newsletters, arrange press briefings and conferences, utilize appropriately the emblems of organizations in all project communications, etc.).
- Support the implementation of the WHO corporate (Global and Regional) communication strategy in Kazakhstan and support WHO Country Office (teams and individuals)on communication-related matters.
- Network, coordinate and manage the contacts of main communication counterparts among various authorities and communication channels at national level, including UN partners, as well ensure regular media monitoring.
- Maintain an up-to-date media database for media in the country and liaise with them on a regular basis to ensure positive and optimal coverage for the WHO work.
- Support the WR on strategic external and internal communications. Carryout other tasks as required to support the internal and external communication of the organization.
- University degree (Bachelor’s level) in communications, public relations, journalism, psychology, public health or related social science.
- University degree (Master’s level) in any of the above disciplines.
- At least two years of national professional experience in arranging and coordinating information sharing, communication activities, medial relations and message development. Demonstrated experience with online communications, including web and social media.
- Experience organizing press conferences and briefings. Demonstrated relevant work experience with(in) WHO and/or UN agencies or other international organizations or entities active in the health sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHO’s mission and work in the country.
- Proven ability to quickly identify opportunities/channels for effective promotion of topics and dissemination of key messages at national level.
- Ability to work comfortably in an international, multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment.
- Emotional intelligence; Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
- Proficiency in standard text, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications. Computer, IT and multimedia skills (including use of internet, social media, Web, power point, and experience with photographs and videos).
Use of Language Skills:
- Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Kazakh. Expert knowledge of Russian.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Student Environmental Health OfficerMid Kent Environmental HealthSittingbourne, KentSittingbourne, Kent
Mechatroniker für Anwendungstechnik & Service (m/w/d)BrunelHamburgHamburg
Media and Mass Communication OfficerUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationIslamabad, PakistanIslamabad, Pakistan
EGG2-RFQ-Rehabilitation of Multimedia/Reading RoomUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere