University of Massachusetts Boston
The Institute for Community Inclusion (IC) Program Assistant- Marketing and Communications will work closely with all members of the Marketing and Communications team to support activities related to marketing and advertising strategies. The Program Assistant will support staff located at the Boston office as well as staff working as telecommuters. The Program Assistant will assist with digital and print design, data visualization, marketing/outreach/publicity, social media and email campaigns, eLearning/Instructional design, and other related tasks. This position will report directly to the Communications Specialist Manager. This position will operate out of the Boston office with potential for a hybrid on-site/remote work schedule.
Examples of Duties:
Support the ICI Marketing and Communications Team in the implementation and execution of all marketing-related activities to promote the mission of ICI. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Edit web content.
- Create, post, and organize content across a number of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, Medium).
- Collaborate with staff across the ICI to produce content and assist with design choices using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Track outreach efforts and engagement across platforms.
- Create accessible materials and implement accessibility features across platforms.
- Provide routine data support such as data entry, data tracking, and organization of electronic media.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote new programs, services, and/or materials via phone, email, or other methods.
- Consider and implement best practices related to inclusion and the supports available for individuals with disabilities and individuals from diverse linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Independently complete projects as assigned by the Communications Specialist Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing, communications, design, or a related field, and a minimum of one-three years of marketing, communications, design or related experience required. An additional 3 years of the above work experience can be substituted for the required Degree.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) and basic HTML.
- A growth mindset for learning technical skills on the job.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to accurately estimate the time and effort required for project completion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to enlist the cooperation of others as needed.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under time pressures with specific deadlines.
- Experience working in a team environment supporting staff.
- Understanding of disability issues/ accessibility needs preferred.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt union position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.