FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Communications Specialist to support the Maximizing Options to Advance Informed Choice for HIV Prevention (MOSAIC) project. MOSAIC is a five-year (2021-2026) global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to help adolescent girls and young women and other women protect themselves from HIV by accelerating introduction and scale-up of new biomedical prevention products.
Working closely with the MOSAIC Research Utilization (RU) and Knowledge Management (KM) team, this role combines strong visual and multimedia design skills with excellent writing and editing skills to create compelling, audience-appropriate print and digital content. In an increasingly information-saturated world, this combined skillset is essential to “cut through the noise” and support the uptake of evidence and learning in HIV prevention policy, program planning, and implementation.
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about using their design and storytelling skills to translate complex information into clear, accessible, and engaging visual and written products for a range of audiences from researchers and policymakers to providers and end users. This role reports to the Director of RU/KM and works closely with the RU/KM team to facilitate knowledge exchange among a range of stakeholders, document and disseminate evidence and learning, and promote the uptake of key knowledge and communication products.
The deadline to apply to this position is Friday, January 6.
- Design branded assets and ensure that the overall quality and consistency of the brand identity is maintained across the MOSAIC project
- In collaboration with researchers, technical experts, and other project staff, write and review compelling knowledge and communication products and stories (e.g. email newsletters and announcements, fact sheets, blog posts, success stories, vignettes, scripts), ensuring that content is relevant to and appropriate for the audience; the message is clear; the voice is consistent; and the grammar, punctuation, and spelling comply with the project editorial guide
- Design and layout accessible and attractive knowledge and communication products (e.g. briefs, reports, slide decks, email newsletters, conference abstracts and posters)
- Create visual and multimedia content for a range of diverse needs (e.g. branded assets, social media and blog assets, infographics, data visualization, content for training and toolkits)
- Manage the content production and review schedule and liaise with other science writers, editors, and designers as needed to ensure quality and smooth production from start to finish
- Support dissemination of knowledge products through a variety of communications channels
- Keep abreast of the latest principles, developments, and trends in design and storytelling for social impact, RU, and KM
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in graphic design, multimedia design, communications, journalism, publishing, or related field.
- 5+ years of visual and multimedia design, writing, and editing.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills with ability to translate complex ideas and information into clear and accessible products tailored to diverse audiences
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience with visual and written storytelling
- Demonstrated experience in digital and print layout for knowledge and communication products
- Advanced expertise using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams), Canva, and MailChimp
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite software products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus
- Photography, animation, videography, and/or video editing skills are a plus
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple products, manage production schedules, and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated with an ability to work effectively in both team environments and independently
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity in others
- Experience in global health or development desired, especially related to HIV, reproductive health, gender, or youth
- Passion for improving the health and rights of women and young people
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.