CONCERN-Professional Services for Children, Youth and Families
Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive, healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
We are searching for a part-time variable community-based caseworker to join our team in helping others to succeed in Tioga and Bradford Counties. While reporting to the Program Supervisor, this engaging career gives you the opportunity to work closely with county agencies to ensure that clients enrolled in the community-based program receive services identified to prevent out-of-home placement for children or aid in the reunification process for children and their families.
There will be reimbursable travel required for this position.
What Do I Need?
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field and two years of related experience and/or training (Preferred)
High School diploma or equivalent and five years of experience in the child services field working with children and families
- You will maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- You will maintain all required clearances.
- You will have the ability to successfully use standard office equipment.
- You will display excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
What Will I Do?
- You will meet regularly with clients and families as authorized by the referring county agency to prevent out-of-home placements of the children or to aid in the reunification process of the children and their families through casework counseling, visit coaching, supervised visits, parenting reunification and intensive family reunification services.
- You will participate in each client service delivery team meeting, regular supervision, client medical/behavioral health appointments as necessary and in court/county hearings.
- You will represent CONCERN at administrative/judicial reviews including termination of parental rights hearings, provides court or county ordered services to each client/family assigned and participates in family finding and group decision making efforts arranged by the county agency.
- You will help clients assess needs, acquire community services and support as necessary; listen to concerns; provide insight into positive aspects of change and problem solves crisis situations.
- You will provide education on resources to clients and families to assist in reducing risk factors that led to the referral.
- You will develop and maintain positive liaison relationships with referring agencies and other entities involved with the client/family such as foster care providers, schools, mental health/drug and alcohol providers, medical, housing, financial aid and attorneys.
- You will complete the required documentation for all clients/families in a timely manner.
- You will transport or arrange transportation for clients as necessary for appointments and visits.
Hours of Work
Hours vary based on clients’ needs. May include evenings and weekends.
What Will I Get?
$7.50/hr (admin rate)
Employee Assistance Program (Resources for you and your family)
Birthday Holiday! (4 hours paid time off for part-time employees to celebrate YOU!)
What Happens Next?
After you apply, a member of the hiring team will review your qualifications and experience. If determined you are a good match, we will be in touch to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Referral program
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Social work: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.