THE ROLE: Community Engagement Coordinator MGCL Project
Save the Children is recruiting for a Community Engagement Coordinator role that will support the USAID MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership Project. S/he will support the district level community engagement and roll out Community Action Cycle across community structures. She/he will provide continuous training and closely monitor implementation of CAC cycles across all four implementing districts. Female applicants and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, in the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The MOMENTUM Country Global Leadership (MCGL) is a global project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide targeted Reproductive, Maternal, New born, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL also aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global RMNCAH/ FP goals through support to globally endorsed RMNCAH/FP initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans. In Sierra Leone, Save the Children is the operational lead for MCGL in Sierra Leone, working closely with the Prime, Jhpiego, and other partners to support government efforts to increase community trust in the capacity of the health system to safely meet essential needs.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desirable)
- Degree in development studies, other social sciences or related field of study***.***
- Postgraduate degree/ postgraduate diploma is an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher national diploma or degree in Social Science , Social Work, or Mass Communication with at least two years working experience in related field of studies.
- At least 1-2 year experience working with District Health Management Social Mobilization Unit.
- At least 2 years’ experience implementing community-based projects or programmes, preferably in the area of community development.
- Strong skills in facilitating trainings and on the job mentoring and coaching.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook,).
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in managing multicultural teams and in engaging individuals at all levels and positions.
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders within and outside the government
- Experience working in urban and rural settings
- Good understanding of gender equality and inclusion and experience with integrating these issues into programming
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
CONTRACT LENGTH:11 Months
Closing Date: 03rd February, 2023
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your salary expectations for this role.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42MTcwNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20