Nature of work and duties
- Mobilize communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote the community support.
- Establish connection with communities and mobilize community members to engage in community protection activities.
- Participate and assist in organizing the project events (practical training, workshops, cooperation between local actors and communities, consultations with communities, mobilization of community members and leaders, etc.).
- Assist the communication with the Community team leader in coordination with the local authorities, formal and informal, as well as refugee/IDP community focal points in each area, establishing and maintaining positive relations.
- Coordinate with the other actors in order to make sure that the needs are covered.
- Conduct dialogues/sessions in the community with beneficiaries and other community members.
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified.
- Resolve all challenges related to community interventions using community approaches.
- Prepare activities’ reports on a regular basis and share them with the management for reviews and inputs.
- Response and adaptation to flexible activity schedule, logistical constraints related to public space management.
- Any other tasks or duties that are assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Ensure close communication and coordination with community members to maximize their participation to all project activities .
– Conduct adequate field visits to community members to ensure their participation to project activities as required .
– Maintain regular communication with key community stakeholders to ensure their acceptance and support to project activities .
– Support the project coordinator in the design and planning of project activities. – Identify and select beneficiaries to attend and participate to project activities according to set selection criteria .
– Ensure coordination with other organizations working in the same geographical area and facilitate referral when required for the benefit of the beneficiaries .
– Support the project coordination in documenting all project activities especially in regards to participant number and evaluation of achievements, difficulties and way forward .
– Conduct other tasks as required by Project director .
– Previous experience in the field of civil society desirable .
– Positive reputation and well known individual in her own community .
– Commitment to work in challenging conditions and ability to work for long hours when required .
– Ability to express views and convincing .
– Ability to engage and communicate and develop positive relationships with all community members from diverse communities without discrimination .
– Ability to work according to secrecy rules Registration .
– Respect the financial and human resources policies of BWA through respecting the staff, time keeping, transparency, honesty besides avoiding violence.
– Skills to work on computer and interne .
– Very good at English.
How To Apply
The CV is sent through the email. The candidates will be contacted through their phone numbers to fix a date for an interview.
Please send your CV to ([email protected]).
– Please state the job title in the subject line: Community Mobilizer – Baghdad Women Association / Duhok office
– CVs in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
– Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
Best of luck
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.