All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA, and Child Protection policies. This is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Community Mobilizer is responsible for implementing the protection monitoring component in the project area, with context-specific protection response including providing supervisory support to the community outreach volunteers who provide complementing linkages for community-based protection initiatives.
- In collaboration with the situational monitoring analyst, monitor vulnerable individuals with a high protection risk at household and community levels and ensure they are oriented on available services and linked to identified services/service providers.
- Ensure systematic and timely data collection using a balanced combination of the established quantitative and qualitative standard tools that aid quality reporting with age, gender, and diversity inclusion.
- Monitor and report protection concerns and trends, new population displacements and movements in the areas of operation.
- Build relationships between INTERSOS and the community, engaging with members and facilitating the implementation of community-based protection mechanisms.
- Together with the capacity building and engagement officer build the capacity of community outreach volunteers and identified community structures to increase capacity support, community engangement and quality of community-based protection service provision.
- Support the information dissemination and awareness-raising of protection activities and implement sessions to increase community participation through mobile teams of community volunteers.
- Periodically map community structures and stakeholders, in order to facilitate contextual understanding and identify the potential for collaborative CBP interventions.
- Set work plans and provide regular direct supervision of activity implementation by the community outreach volunteers and track the quality of their activities with constant progress monitoring against project targets and timelines.
- Together with other protection team staff, identify and facilitate community-led protection initiatives that promote sustainable community actions that strengthen community-led prevention and response initiatives and increased social cohesion.
- Coordinate with other members of the protection team and relevant stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of holistic protection prevention and response.
- Identify and map main service providers in the area of intervention on a quarterly basis as well as report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of protection monitoring and reporting activities.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability, and need-to-know principles;
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field (social work, development studies, or international relations)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a related field, including experience in protection monitoring and reporting, community engagement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and facilitate dialogue with diverse groups.
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees, and returnees;
- Strong knowledge of the humanitarian context.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong data collection and reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge in English (written and spoken)
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.