United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
|Posting Title:||Consultant: Preparation of Verification Reports under HPMPs – Iraq and Syria|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Posting Period:||04 October 2022 – 04 October 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-United Nations Environment Programme-192236-Consultant|
Result of Service
• Draft verification report, containing initial information on the HCFC consumption, Government actions to control HCFC consumption and other items detailed in the terms of reference
• Final verification report, including additional information collected and taking into account the feedback from UNEP on the first draft
Additional information to be provided in the report is as follows:
– Audit implementation schedule with data, venues, and duration of verification.
– Name affiliation and contact details of the person or the persons with overall responsibility for the verification (e.g., chief accountant of department of statistics, local certified consultant etc.). In case more than one individual is named, the responsibility of each in relation to the steps taken for verification should be provided.
– Description of licensing systems.
Reports shall be submitted to UNEP in accordance with the provisional time schedule. The reports should be provided in English; the format and number of copies are given in the contract.
Home-Based – Syria – Iraq
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Montreal Protocol Regional Coordinator, the Consultant will carry-out the preparation of the verification reports of the 2020 and 2021 HCFC consumption in Iraq and Syria as one of the requirements for the submission of second tranches under the HPMP projects for both countries. Inter alia, the following identifies and specifies the services and information required to be carried out and related duties and responsibilities:
Background Information (Verification Guidelines)
The purpose of the guidelines is to provide guidance for conducting verification of the national consumption targets for the year 2019, bearing in mind the specific reporting requirements in each of these agreements.
Data to be verified
Since the MYAs define their achievement targets in annual national maximum allowable consumption of an HCFC, the verification of the national consumption targets for the year 2019 should use the Montreal Protocol definition of consumption as the basis for the verification of the achievement of the targets, i.e.
Consumption = imports – exports
The contractor is expected to verify the following information:
a) Policy of the government for controlling HCFC, which should include the nature of policy (such as, a government decree a law, etc…), date of its enactment and the scope of its coverage;
b) Enforcement structure for the policy, such as the government department for issuing import quota and export licenses, and the responsibility of the customs services and the department of statistics;
c) Government statistics of imports and exports of HCFC;
d) Annual import and export quota issues;
e) Actual import and export quota used;
f) Actual imports and exports by the authorized importers and exporters, supported by customs declaration forms, any/or other supporting documentation, if available;
g) List of importers and exporters authorized by the Government; and
h) List of distributors authorized by the Government if available.
• Bacherlor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Environmental Management
• At least 15 years of professional experience of which:
– At least 10 years of Experience in preparation and management of environmental projects
– At least 5 years Experience in preparation of monitoring and evlauationn reports.
• International experience in technical assistance projects. Experience in the West Asia region and similar countries including in the area of verification reports would be an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.