Grand View Manor Continuing Care Community
Join the Grandview Manor team in the heart of the Apple Capital of the Annapolis Valley!
Located in Berwick, we are one hour from Halifax and minutes away from the highest tides in the world. Work with us as we plan for our new state of the art facility scheduled to open in 2025.
Grand View Manor is a not for profit long term care home known to support our community through our commitment to quality care and innovative support for both clients and staff. In our 142 bed facility, care is provided in an enriched housing, an assisted living, and a nursing home setting.
We are a smoke-free, scent-reduced environment and we actively promote a safe and respectful workplace.
The CCA will work to full scope of practice by providing day to day personal care to the residents under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager/Shift Supervisor/Team Leader. They will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities may include total resident care, bathing, dressing, mobilizing, communication/documentation, assessment, providing outreach services to our assisted living/enriched housing settings and completion of other related duties as assigned.
Reporting to the manager or the RN supervisor the CCA provides care to residents in accordance with the individual care plan of the client and performs the following duties as required:
- Provides person centered care to the resident
- Communicates with the Nurse Manager/ RN Supervisor or LPN team lead and interdisciplinary team, as appropriate, any changes in the residents condition
- Attends and participates in nursing conferences, monthly unit meeting, multi-team meetings as required
- Documents appropriately
- Supports orientation of new staff and mentorship to CCA students
- Helps toensurea safe working environment
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A graduate of a provincially recognized Continuing Care Assistant course with NS provincial certification
- Must have the ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Good team player
- Physically able to perform the assigned tasks
- Resident-centeredness and passion for working with older people an asset
- Students currently enrolled in LPN or RN programs will be considered
- CCA students who have completed their second mentorship will be considered
- PSWs, IENs will be considered
- Individuals who are currently registered with the PLAR program in NS will be considered
To learn more about our Grand View Manor community visit our website www.grandviewmanor.org
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Canadians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.41-$18.87 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Berwick, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.