Location Baghdad Iraq
Position Status Full-time, Regular
Salary Level 4
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps seeks a passionate, articulate and outspoken expert in advocacy to communicate our vision for Iraq. Mercy Corps has provided critical assistance in Iraq to some of the country’s most vulnerable populations during a period of tremendous upheaval. We are now searching for an experienced professional to elevate our contract management system to ensure appropriate compliance across the country office.
General Position Summary
To ensure the efficient, systematic, effective monitoring of contracts; development of transparent contract management for service contracts (service contractors that has hiring of person according to Daily Worker Policy and good record keeping; providing advice on best methods of contract design; developing best practice; advising and developing strategy, policy and procedure in relation to these functions in the context of all Mercy Corps services; and to contribute towards the successful management of contracts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Plans and manages all contractual aspects for service contract worker; include but not limited to establishes and maintains work programmers and schedules for on-going contracts and newly planned ones in coordination with requesting department.
- Supports the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), initiatives and projects relating to contract compliance and performance management.
- Lead recruitment process for service contract worker include but not limited to review service request and SoW, Advertisement, collect applications/CVs, interviewing, complete RPS, Safeguarding and Gray list checks, draft contracts according to Service Contracts and Daily Casual Workers SOP.
- Provide support and information to requesting department for shortlisting and payment processes.
- Create and maintain relationships with MCIQ team members to serve as the singular point of contact according to Service Contracts and Daily Casual Workers SOP.
- Participate in develop and update Service Contracts and Daily Casual Workers SOP with HR department.
- Supports Originating departments throughout the contracting process including providing input to statement of works/requirements (including articulation of performance standards and Key Performance Indicators, assists in the development of technical evaluation criteria, provides guidance during contract drafting, and assists in the compilation of complete contract packages for approval).
- Develops a quality assurance plan to provide a systematic method to monitor contract start and end date, in collaboration with the Originating departments and share regular reports/notice accordingly.
- Develops contract compliance checklists and implementation plans.
- Create and maintain contract database linked to payment tracking system(s); share follow ups for contracts that are about to expire and send reminders accordingly.
- Track and Manage contract extensions, amendments and update the database accordingly
- Actively monitors contract performance and risks and identifies appropriate strategies to achieve contract outcomes.
- Identifies and recommends areas of improvement, informs on policy, procedures, disseminates best practices and lessons learned.
- Within the terms and conditions of the contract, works towards resolution of conflicts or performance issues arising in cases of poor performance and/or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
- Drafts relevant audit responses on service and daily worker contract management related issues, as required.
- Maintains electronic files and records to ensure proper accountability.
- Submit all originals hard copy files to finance.
- Support when issues arise between originator departments, finance, and contract workers, as needed.
- Participate in develop, maintain, and conduct HR presentations for all team members during Workshops, kick off and closeout meetings and monthly sessions.
- Performs other related duties to support HR department as required.
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Develop and implement the Contract Management Training plan for all Mercy Corps Iraq team members.
- Coordinate the identification of technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support compliance.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to contract management, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
Supervisory Responsibility N/A
Reports Directly To: Sr. On Boarding and Capacity Building Officer
Works Directly With: Support departments and Programs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Knowledge and Experience
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Business Economics or related field.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (including years of experience):
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in providing project / contracts management support or administration with an INGO or a comparable international organization is required.
- Ability to interact at different levels in and outside the organization, keep good relationships and influence senior level staff and candidates.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proactive, independent work approach, time Management and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity developing presentation for related tasks.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability of principles and practices related to confidentiality, protection, and interviewing of extremely vulnerable individuals in a humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context.
- English, and Arabic mandatory
- Kurdish is desirable
How To Apply
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address [email protected], before the deadline indicated below.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for, for full position description for the noted posts, please visit websites NCCI and F-Job.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY February 9th, 2023 at 4:00PM
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview.
Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for This Position. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global Impact.
Mercy Corps Iraq offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers. Mercy Corps Iraq ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.