Environmental Justice Foundation
Location: Based in London or Bath. Other locations will be considered for exceptional
Contract type: Full-time / Permanent. EJF is happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Salary range: £40,000 – £48,000 (according to experience and location)
Benefits: Private healthcare package (according to location), generous pension and annual paid
leave (28 days including bank holidays, increasing subsequently each year and additional paid
leave over Christmas), cycle-to-work scheme, home working 2 days per week.
EJF is seeking a Coordinator to lead our Environmental Defenders programme, which provides
equipment, training and support to grassroots environmental defenders, environmental
journalists and filmmakers in the Global South.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this senior role joins EJF’s UK campaign and film teams and will
coordinate with EJF colleagues and projects across Europe, Brazil, Asia and Africa. This role
is for you if you are an effective multi-tasker, able to quickly assess and synthesise
information and make considered judgements on strategic approaches and project delivery.
We are looking for an experienced professional, able to convey complex information and deliver
impactful training to diverse audiences. In addition, you should have a track record of working
in an organised, consultative and inclusive way and monitoring the impact of agreed pathways,
including team and budget management. You can travel internationally, occasionally at short
notice and for extended periods.
You are friendly, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. Most of all, you are committed to
supporting environmental defenders and protecting people and our shared planet.
- Identify potential partners and make recommendations on the delivery of equipment, training
and support. You will assess the purpose of new projects, clearly defined outcomes, and the
strategies to achieve them.
- Ensure that the Environmental Defenders online programme and training materials and
guidance are up-to-date and effective, producing new materials as needed.
- Plan, budget, and lead the delivery of bespoke training focused on film, research, campaign
and media strategies.
- Work with colleagues to coordinate the training with EJF’s campaigns to amplify grassroots
messages within effective global platforms.
- Research, write and communicate the programme and its aims, ambition and impact to multiple
- Support the delivery of an ambitious, new project being launched by EJF with support from
the European Union that will develop and deliver a global toolkit for community surveillance
and participatory governance to small-scale fishers in the Global South.
Essential skills, experience and competencies
- Graduate degree (or equivalent five years of relevant work experience) in a relevant
scientific discipline, human rights, international law or policy.
- Compelling communication and meticulous research, demonstrated by published reports,
articles or media features.
- Superb time, budget, remote team management and organisational skills.
- Solutions-oriented, calm under pressure and happy to take feedback and direction.
- Ability to work inclusively with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Minimum of three years working in campaigns or relevant forms of project management,
preferably in a news media, documentary or relevant not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable commitment to EJF’s Vision and Mission and a determination to change our world
- Film and photographic skills
- Relevant languages
- Experience working in the Global South
- Documentary/journalistic experience
Applications: Please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person
for this job to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: We would like to fill this position as soon as possible and will
consider incoming applications until 5pm Friday 17th February 2023. We, therefore, recommend
that you apply in good time before the deadline.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, fair and equal treatment within
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.