Smythe LLP is seeking a highly motivated US/Cross Border Personal Tax Manager or Senior Manager with solid tax planning and compliance experience to join our growing cross-border tax practice. As part of our diverse practice, you will work directly with clients, partners and managers to deliver US and Canadian personal tax planning and compliance services. Our client base is diverse and includes high net worth individuals, individuals moving in/out of Canada, individuals with private corporations and US estate & gift tax considerations. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual that wants to work in a fast-paced environment with a growing firm.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation, insolvency and business advisory services for private and public companies, family owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, technology, resource and hospitality industries.
- Manage and coordinate tax planning and compliance services for individuals requiring US and Canadian income or estate tax filings
- Review assessments and correspond with the IRS, state authorities and CRA on various issues
- Build and manage client relationships at a senior level; advise clients by delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Assist with developing and delivering tax technical training sessions to the team
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Canadian CPA and/or US CPA/EA
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the Canada-US Tax Treaty
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and research tax issues, and the creative spark to formulate innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with a passionate client service orientation
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people and a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support.
If you want to learn more about Life at Smythe, follow us on Instagram @lifeatsmythe or LinkedIn @Smythe LLP.
We thank you for your application and will reach out regarding on any updates to your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Face masks used when necessary.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.