Catalight, Easterseals NorCal, Easterseals Hawaii, Xolv
Customer Service Representative
Company: Catalight Care Services – Short Term Assignment
Department: Network Management
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Status & FLSA Class: Part-Time, Non Exempt
Date: March 2023
Looking for a role that helps close the access gap for families seeking autism services with an ultra-efficient assessment and onboarding process so kids can get the care they need quickly through innovative and flexible treatment options? Consider joining Catalight Care Services (CCS), one of the nation’s largest behavioral health networks supporting more than 10,000 families a year and growing. In addition to providing access to exceptional care, the organization is helping build a culture and community focused on equality and belonging so all people, of all abilities can live their best lives and thrive. If that is not enough to entice you, clinical excellence reigns at CCS with a world-class multi-disciplinary team including MFTs, LCSWs, SLPs, Psychologists, Neuropsychologists, Medical psychologists and BCBAs. We also offer flexible hours and competitive compensation. JOIN US!
The Customer Service Representative serves as the first point of customer (“client”) contact, answering inbound phone calls, responding to e-mail correspondence, and providing information about services and processes with excellent customer service. Customer service representatives triage client calls, making quick and accurate decisions regarding client need, and handling of call.
While the Catalight Care Services headquarters are in Walnut Creek, California, this position is 100% remote and expected to work core hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, aligned with the Pacific time zone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive inbound phone calls from current and potential customers. Take appropriate action for each call or transfer to the appropriate person/team.
- Receive customer correspondence via e-mail requests and take appropriate action.
- Place outbound phone calls to follow up on appointments, documentation, and other customer communications. Ensure that all customer contact is documented in the computer system accurately and appropriately. Provide notification to Clinical Case Manager and/or other departments (Billing, Provider Relations, Quality, etc.) regarding inquiries requiring follow up.
- Utilize standard templates to correspond with customers; advise manager if situation arises that requires a new template or customized response. Work with manager to ensure that all correspondence is professional and grammatically correct while using the appropriate communication method and system.
- Verify protected health information and authorization for services. Schedule initial appointments for new clients and enter all necessary information into computer system.
- Participate in other activities that support the coordination of client referrals, authorizations, initial assessments and placement.
- Follow current standard operating procedures.
- Must adhere to all federal, state and local law and regulations as applicable. Protect client protected health information (PHI).
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by manager.
- Ensure high level of customer service while maximizing productivity and meeting key performance indicators.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
- High School diploma required. AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in a customer service call/contact center.
- Health care industry experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work productively, remain focused, limit/minimize distractions while working remotely
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), especially Excel and related computer software.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to be self-motivated, work in an exciting, fast paced high energy environment while effectively multitasking.
- Personable; able to work comfortably with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Frequent proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Frequent speaking and listening (50%) to clients, staff, and other professionals in meetings and on the phone.
- Frequent sitting and maintaining close visual attention to work at the computer.
- Visual and auditory ability to work with clients, staff and others in the workplace continuously.
- Ability to utilize computer and cell phone.
- Frequent proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the workplace, read and write using the primary language within the workplace.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice (DOJ). The People & Performance Department must analyze DOJ/FBI live scan reports in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as fitness for the position.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance through the Office of Inspector General.
- Must attend all required training.
Collectively at Catalight, we’re more than a provider of person-centered care, a partner with a purpose and a creator of inspired solutions. We’re a human-centered social enterprise made up of idea generators, curiosity seekers and lifelong explorers who help advance access to critical services and support for people with developmental disabilities. We strive to break down barriers and biases, providing access to innovative individualized care services, clinical research, and advocacy – all powered by intelligent technologies – and by living our values. We are bold, community centered, equity informed, and wellbeing driven.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas as deemed fit for the organization.
Catalight Care Services is an equal opportunity employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.