We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Customer Services & Sales Manager
To develop training and induction plan for the Customer Service and Sales team member in India and to deliver the trainings. He / She will measure and improve quality of customer service and the end to end customer experience with a view to improving and maintaining great sales performance across a range of channels (Phone, Email, Social Media and Face to Face) . The post holder will provide, coordinate and develop training in conjunction with the global customer management team to enable the British Council to match and exceed the standards set by competitors and ensure delivery of the global customer management mission.
The post will:
- Focus on inducting new team members and ensuring timely and effective Product knowledge and Sales skills trainings
- Maintain and implement Service & Sales quality monitoring approach in India.
- Measure customer service productivity and effectiveness by reporting, calibrating and aligning India to Global Standards
- Assist customer service managers to Improve and maintain sales and Improve customer experience through quality monitoring
- Manage regional aspects cof customer service training
- Embed a culture of excellent customer service whereby every interaction is set upon a foundation outlined by the British Council customer service standards
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
The post-holder will be primarily responsible for developing thorough Indiction plans and delivery of produxt and process trainings for new and existing team members including service and Sales global standards .Through Quality monitoring he / she will identify continuous improvements in the methos (How) quality audits are conducted in countryand ensure that th training plans respond to the service quality gaps identified. The post-holder will be accountable, together with the in country CM & Sales management for implementing action to address the areas of improvement and coach the team .
The post-holder will also be responsible for organizing, maintaining, customising and promoting newly developed customer service training modules in alignment with the standards required. Facilitation may be required.
- Develop detailed Training and Indcution plan to support new team members and preparing them for managing front line services and Sales duties. Induction Training to include information about product , process , systems and standards of service including Data requirement .
- Deliver induction training to the new recruits and certify them before they start responding to customer enquiries independently . Identify training needs of country staff through regular quality.
- Conduct refreshers sessions for existing team members before core registration and Sales periods and ensure FAQs etc are available to teams.
- Assist in the development of material, conduct training need analysis as required
- Ensure appropriate training materials are available with regionalisation and localisation within reason, ensuring the governance of all training materials to maintain the accuracy and relevance of the major aspects of customer service.
- Train and guide India CM & Sales team managers on how to perform quality monitoring and agree targets per agent per month .
- Support and coach and partner with new team members during the first 3 months of their joining to ensure they feel supported in their induction period.
Quality Monitoring, Auditing & Evaluation:
- Ensure that the Global Customer Service standards are adhered to for the Enquiry and Complaints handling processes in India across channels manned and unmanned
- Manage framework of daily / weekly and monthly reporting of quality standard and tracking progress against agreed action points. This will include investigating reasons for any reduction in performance and sharing feedback
- Highlight areas for improvement related to quality, content and performance of teams to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify reasons for failure demand and address the information and process gaps with concerned business units.
- Ensure that on-time and accurate information is provided to the contact centre team to ensure high first call resolution and focus on reducing failure demand. Identify and implement ways of reducing non-value-added enquiries.
- Conduct regular calibration sessions with India CSMs and APAC Training and Quality Lead and ensure that all are calibrated on Quality Parameters through repeatability and reproducibility, mentoring the management group and delegates in the appropriate and effective way in the use of system, guideline and training materials.
- Effectively work with country CS teams to ensure quality improvement.
- Perform monitoring on agents across channels and provide effective coachin
- Influence peers to perform monitoring across their management line and to coach the team members; showing people the way to effectively develop quality management behaviours resulting in a great customer experience.
- Develop and motivate the Sales and Customer Management team to achieve and exceed new sales and re-registration targets and conversion KPIs.
- Work closely with Business, Academic and Marketing teams to develop and execute sales strategies, plans and processes in line with the country and regional plans.
- Monitor and review daily sales performance through conversion rates at all stages of the sales funnel for all products and to ensure that the team and individual sales targets are met / exceeded.
- Lead all term registration activity. This involves planning resource requirements, liaising with marketing on promotional activities, organising customer databases for targeted promotion, organising consultations, organising pre-and post-registration meetings, and providing daily reports to management on performance against tasks / targets
- Enable smooth tracking of sales activity, ensure that recording of data on Salesforce CRM is in line with corporate guidelines and that sales performance reports and dashboards are prepared as per agreed format.
- Ensure there is a defined process to follow up with learners who drop off at different stages of customer journey, identifying and reporting reasons and trends and ensuring follow up to improve conversion rates and student engagement. To prepare reports on Teaching Centre sales funnel statistics, customer profiles and conversion rates.
- Continuously review the customer journey to identify business opportunities and drive sales orientation within the team.
- Share data and insights with Buisness and marketing team such that it supports development and execution of campaigns for new registration and re-registration purposes including class schedules and availability to maximise registration
- Conduct periodic quality review for Front of house and support audits for contact centre with aim of improving conversion and experience
- Provide feedback on British Council campaigns and promotions to the Marketing team with the objective of optimising campaigns and improve targeting and conversions.
- Manage and monitor all customer communication activities related to registration activities by ensuring use of cost-effective channels.
Customer Service Management
- Manage the operational delivery of customer management strategy, ensuring that the function is adequately resourced and equipped to support the onsite and offsite events
- Supervise the customer support workflow by monitoring customer interactions and setting and adjusting staffing requirement as per forecast and trends.
- Map the Customer Journey across all channels ( Voice, emails , Social media and face to face ), measuring the customer experience regularly to make improvements.
- Ensure the customer service function, including the look and feel of the physical environment and front-line team dress code as well as customer communication, are reflective of the British Council brand standards.
- Own the Voice of the Customer Programme. This entails regular (weekly) monitoring and reporting data and customer trends gathered through a range of methods including quality monitoring weekly exercises, Customer Effort Survey, Teaching Centre Online survey, Spot audits and customer focus groups. This data gathered should be used to inform business planning targets and marketing decisions as well as improve the overall customer experience.
- Monitor performance and service quality of service partners and delivery teams on an on-going basis and ensure adequate controls are in place
- Act as Complaints Manager for the Teaching Operation and library and ensure that the Complaints Policy is adhered to consistently across all centres.
- Analyse and understand complex customer services issues and provide timely management information to India Leadership team for business-planning, decision-making and/or the development of new or improved customer services policies and practices
- Support delivery of high quality, up to date training and testing for young learners and adults and always ensure that, interactions are as per Teaching Centre standards and Corporate Child protection and Safe- Guarding policies
- Ensure that there is a BCP in place and that it is annually reviewed to ensure it encompasses relevant customer service-related scenarios
- Actively champion the use of CRM
- Conducting regular audits of customer management team and coaching staff so that they can improve on their performance.
Work collaboratively with other stakeholders ( Marketing, Learrning Services, Education, Cutural relations and support services )
- Work closely with Marketing on lead generation strategies
- Work with local, cluster and regional marketing and communications teams to plan and execute proactive communications that support business continuity plans
- Provide feedback on British Council campaigns and promotions aimed at raising brand awareness and sales conversions
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer needs / preferences, threats and opportunities in the external environments and keep Management and the Marketing team informed
- Be proficient in the use of the Global Playbook and Maritz customer insight and Thematic platforms and provide feedback to Teaching Centre Managers to enhance customer experiences and product offerings to improve sales conversions and customer advocacy.
- Ensure that Customer Service teams comply with Library Income Recognition, Recording and Reporting processes for all income.
- Ensure that Customer Service teams comply with Income Recognition, Recording and Reporting processes for all income
- Support income generating activities of Library by cross selling where appropriate and as agreed with business
- Recruit and line manage members of the Customer Service Teamas per British Council guidelines and standards . Manage geographically dispersed teams.
- Ensure performance objectives, performance reviews and year-end evaluations are completed on time, line manages are supported and feedback provided to them and recorded on My Hr on a regular basis.
- Conduct training need analysis of the customer service team and arrange training and development so operational capability is built within the team. Deliver CS and Sales training as required
- Ensure individuals meet all targets and KPIs as set out by the Council and demonstrate British Council behavious and values.
- Prepare resourcing plans such that global KPIs can be achieve in an efficient and effective manner. Manage CS team-work schedule and monitor leave plans to meet performace KPIs.
- Monitoring and anylsing data regularly and sharing feedback with larger team.
- Sharing daily, weekly and monthly reports highlighting key trend.
- Closely working with business units and sharing the data as required.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
At least three years experience in planning and implementing sales strategies, customer relationship management and managing and directing a sales team.
Knowledge of SAP, CRM
Role specific skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
Ability to lead a sales team
Pay Band 6/G
Contract Type Fixed Term Contract
Location Kolkata, India
Requirements –Candidates must have the pre-existing right to live and work in India.
Closing Date Saturday, 11 November 2023.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.