Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Under the direction of the Corporate Data Warehouse and Data Governance Platform Family Owner, the Data Analyst will work in the Data Warehouse and BI team delivering Business Intelligence solutions. This includes but is not limited to working with Product and Platform Owners in the design of data warehouse solutions, reports and dashboards for corporate data, and managing service provider resources for the effective delivery of systems.
The role requires combinations of strong Computer Science and/or Engineering skills to provide effective and integrated solutions to the business, not only on the technological dimension, but also on quantitative modeling dimensions.
This position requires advanced Azure Cloud Admin skills and a strong background in Data Governance tools implementation and support. The Data Analyst will be responsible for safeguarding technical assets by identifying platform requirements and working with Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Platform Architects and Source Platform Owners to develop solutions that satisfy, business needs. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate the:
- Ability to understand the business and technical landscape of multiple source systems and required data integrations by analyzing data source structures, reviewing how the information is structured, how the data is transformed within a system and how to extract information that is useful and actionable for the business (i.e. ETL/ELT processes).
- Provides technical expertise in coordination with platform owners, projects managers and technical leads of development teams, to systematically enhance and enrich Corporate Data Warehouse and BI ecosystems solution capabilities while adhering to the enterprise architecture and technology related policies.
- Provides technical expertise in coordination with source platform owners and business stakeholders to review user requests and assess technical options.
- Maintains the Corporate Data Warehouse and BI ecosystem platforms, supported commercial data products and the integration with productivity applications on the enterprise platform to ensure adequate quality assurance performed prior to the enterprise wide deployment of operating systems updates and security patches.
- Configures, manages, monitors and provides tuning to installed Corporate Data Warehouse and BI ecosystem solutions and associated IT infrastructure to ensure high availability, scalability and performance.
- Performs technical investigation and troubleshooting of production incidents related to Azure Data Pipelines.
- Takes on the responsibility of managing system administrator or privileged service accounts for Corporate Data Warehouse Ecosystem.
- Monitors and analyzes Corporate Data Warehouse and BI ecosystem solutions usages statistics; and recommends optimization procedures for the business domain platform and associated product families.
- Provides assistance to the team on the development of enterprise data and metadata standards, and enterprise tools and technologies.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with business partners, platform and other integrated team members to create a line-of-business in solution design and delivery of BI and analytics applications.
2. Leads transform Managed Service Providers ensuring delivery of data driven solutions.
3. Leads the effort to develop reports, dashboards for business users, utilizing Power BI and programming languages, such as Fortran, Python and R to manipulate and analyze data
4. Researches, analyzes requests, and designs algorithms to improve the performance and to extend the capabilities of BI and analytics applications.
5. Effectively communicates, be it verbal or written, and evangelizes data warehouse capabilities and the importance of data governance to relevant stakeholders.
6. Analyzes requests, designs methodology and develops programs and modules for advanced data modeling visualization.
7. Conducts complex database queries, integrations of data from multiple data sources, and work with ETLs for large-scale, complex data sets.
8. Reviews data definitions and ensures data quality compliance based on an established data governance framework. Identifies and leverages opportunities to continually improve the quality of data management systems, processes, and standards.
9. Supports processing of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data to derive patterns, trends, and correlations using various data science tools and techniques in order to draw credible analytical conclusions.
10. Utilizes the Fund-selected third-party Metadata Management tool by expanding the use of its data catalog, data governance, and data lineage capabilities.
Advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or relevant field plus a minimum of four years of post-graduation professional experience, or a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years of post-graduation professional experience is required.
Additionally, below competencies are highly desired for this role:
- Knowledge of .Net Programming and Unix Administration
- 4 to 6 years technical architect experience directly related to Azure Cloud Administration.
- Demonstrated technical expertise of working with enterprise data; data warehousing; BI reporting and dashboard development to advance enterprise data architectures utilizing key data warehouse components such as Azure SQL, DataStage, Cognos BI, Cognos TM1, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Office365, and Oracle database and programming languages such as Fortran, Python and R.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to convey higher level technical concepts to non-experts
ITDAI LC Information Technology Department Immediate Office Digital Lending and Corporate Unit
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.