UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
E (most hardship)
Non FamilyDanger Pay
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
February 11, 2023
Standard Job Description
Data Management Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The position is normally supervised by a Professional or Senior General Service staff member who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. The position has no supervisory role.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Enter data mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR into the computer database.
– Contribute to the preparation of reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
– Update and maintain existing databases and generate various statistical reports.
– Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis, if requested.
– Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and when required.
– May be required to undertake field trips to project sites.
– Decide on the data recorded in database.
– Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Electronic data processing, Information Technology
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
1-year relevant experience in Electronic data processing, Information Technology or related field.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
in Electronic data processing, Information Technology or related field.
– Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of the UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
– Knowledge of any other relevant UN or local language.
– Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Desired Candidate Profile
– Geographic statistic with an in-depth knowledge of database architecture.
– ICT and technically specialized on database with strong knowledge on statistic and data analysis.
– Information Management with strong competencies on GIS and able to set up and maintain a database including data analysis.
-To be able to develop map and dashboards.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
Electronic Data Processing – Other, HCR Learning Program – UNHCR, Information Technology – Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
According to the Recruitment and Assignment Policy (RAP), the manager has the option of administrating either the eliminatory or complementary written test based on the functionality of the position”.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.