World Health Organization
In the context of the WPV1 outbreak response, the incumbent will serve as a contributor to data management by undertaking responsibilities such as overseeing the collection, collation, management and analysis of supplemental immunisation and surveillance data, aggregate the relevant information in the form of narrative text, maps and graphics for use in decision making, situation reports, donor reports, and other relevant documents.
- Manage the related databases (cases, contacts, line lists) including content, structure, file location, backup system.
- Collect, collate, manage and analyse data from all partners; aggregate the relevant health related information and transform it into narrative text, maps and graphics to enable strategic planning and decision making.
- Aggregate and maintain information from technical teams, field offices and partners.
- Develop tools to harmonize data collection and processes across WCO and field offices to facilitate consolidation of information. Respond to specific information requests from the technical teams and partners; facilitate dissemination of information and knowledge sharing with all partners.
- Provide country-specific and aggregate inter-country information to the relevant WCO websites, manage email boxes and share points, as required.
- Provide technical expertise during inter-agency initiatives, related to information and data management, seeking to improve information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to inter-sectoral dashboards and reports.
- Verify data quality (completeness, timeliness), identify gaps in health information management, recommend corrective actions and prepare relevant documents to include in project proposals, internal and external situation reports (SitReps), bulletins, health risk assessments, health needs overviews and strategic response plans etc.
- Participate in any other activity that may be required in connection with data management.
- Perform other specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- Essential: First university degree in information or data management, computer sciences, statistics, applied math or public health, complemented by training in databases development and/or management from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in public health, qualitative surveillance or statistics.
- Essential: At least 1 -2 years’ relevant experience in data and/or information management, including experience in emergency operations or humanitarian context.
- Prior emergency disaster and health outbreak response or humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO/UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Experience in polio outbreak response that involved use of ODK, preparedness dashboard or any other online data monitoring tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of information management and monitoring systems as related to emergency response and relief operations.
- Proven skills in the field of statistical data collection, assessment, analysis and monitoring in a public health context.
- Advance ability to design, manage, analyse and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Economic Modelling Specialist for the GCF Readiness Project: Resilient Recovery Rapid Readiness Support in HondurasUnited Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)Panama City, PanamaPanama City, Panama
Business Solutions IWorld BankChennai,IndiaChennai,India
Consulting Firm / Group of Consultants to develop a Climate-Smart Green Growth Strategy for the GCF project in Sri LankaGWP - Global Water PartnershipHome Based - May require travelHome Based - May require travel
Economic Justice LeadOxfam[Erbil,Iraq ][Erbil,Iraq ]