Job Overview: The Data Specialist collaborates with various program teams in IRC’s Virginia offices to meet internal and external data needs. They will be responsible for assisting IRC Virginia’s programs teams in entering and reviewing client data in current web-based systems. The Data Specialist will also serve as the site administrator for Immigration & Refugee Information System (IRIS) and IRC’s proprietary version of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), ensuring all staff and interns have correct, appropriate, and timely access to IRIS and ETO and that they are aware of necessary training materials for system use. They will lead data clean-up efforts and work with program teams to identify and implement efficient data tracking systems to meet clients, staff, program, and funder needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Input client data information on behalf of program teams into relevant information systems, including ETO, IRIS, and Virginia Newcomer Information Systems (VNIS) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and/or review data sets and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support office leadership and program managers with data quality assurance and analysis.
- Pull, review, and correct data to ensure accurate report submission to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual basis.
- Minimize duplication of data entry across programs and identify gaps and process improvements that increase data entry efficiency.
- Support client counts and other needed metrics by working with deputy directors, program supervisors, and managers.
- Act as ETO and VNIS focal point for staff and interns, including access for new staff, account terminations, and management of ETO shared user accounts.
- Coordinate with Finance Manager and program leads to support staff entries into Integra as needed.
- Ensure that program staff are aware of Quarterly ETO Release Updates and upcoming Integra updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in Social Sciences, Information Systems, or related field (relevant experience may substitute for degree).
- Experience with social service case management or program management software, client relationship management, relational databases, or other information systems for client management.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions fully and precisely are essential.
- Ability to quickly learn information systems including IRIS, ETO, Integra, and VNIS; prior experience with these systems a plus.
- Solid organizational skills: work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including English fluency (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- A combination of standard office environment and remote work to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirement.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: