Organization: IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The Regional Community Based Surveillance Delegate will:
- Act as a central resource for IFRC in the Africa Region for CBS as part of epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response activities by providing high quality technical support and assistance, while contributing to the health department’s overall goals.
- Support the implementation of the CBS component of the Community Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness (CP3) programme in Africa, with technical support for programme staff, including training, tools, data management and analysis support, and learning development.
- Build capacity of IFRC staff and African National Societies in CBS, provide technical assistance for CBS trainings and implementation guidance to CBS focal points.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Delivering quality in programmes and operations
- Support the assessments, and implementation of CBS in CP3 countries in line with workplans.
- Support the ongoing development of community-based surveillance tools and guidance in collaboration with relevant IFRC divisions and partner National Societies.
- Coordinate in the Region for a consistent and cohesive RC/RC approach to CBS, using standardised tools and materials and specialised CBS data management systems.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for community-based surveillance and early action related to community epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response.
- Build capacity of IFRC Africa Region to set up and manage CBS systems and provide technical guidance to National Societies for CBS trainings and subsequent implementation.
- Support IFRC Africa Region to build National Society capacity to develop context relevant CBS structures, use and manage analytic tools for CBS – including data management, analysis, and visualization of CBS data.
Coordination and collaboration
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency and internal coordination meetings related to CBS.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of CBS for reporting, lessons learning and sharing, evidence generation and dissemination, and communications.
- Prepare key program/project reports for donors and other partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Contribute to reports, presentations, publications and media communications on CBS.
- Support program accountability
- Support NS in using CBS data for decision-making and programme quality improvement
Contribute to an accountable and agile IFRC Health team
- Provide regular progress reports on results towards objectives and risk analysis.
- Producing and analysing reports for management, donors and partners.
- Be flexible in the work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Cultivate a co-creative environment with colleagues and an open and co-operative view of the actors in the external environment.
- An Advanced University Degree in public health, global/international health, epidemiology, or other health related sciences is required.
- Masters in Public Health / Epidemiology
- At least 3 years working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, with a focus on global health, epidemiology, surveillance and community based action
- Experience in surveillance or health information systems management
- Demonstrated professional credibility in the sector and experience working in an international or cross-cultural environment.
- Coordination and representation experience in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience in responding to epidemics, in a surveillance/epidemiology role
- 3 years management and supervisory experience in a multicultural environment, with developing countries and/or with an international organisation at management level
- Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Knowledge of public health and experience in practically applying this knowledge into policy, programmes and positioning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information systems and surveillance
- Demonstrated skills in supporting data collection, database management, analysis and visualization using Excel,KoBo, QGIS, R, Nyss, PowerBi or related technical tools.
- Programme and budget management
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to lead within a matrix management structure and utilise talent and experience of team members in a productive way.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French highly preferred)
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National Society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.