University of Southern California (USC)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: REQ20140372
Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need to become the best.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Pre-Doctoral Clinic is looking to hire a Dental Dispensary Aide to join the team! The Dental Dispensary Aide manages students/residentâs lab cases. Work directly with labs to ensure proper pickup and Delivery. Check payment and insurance to ensure the case is paid for. Maintain work area and effectively communicate with students, residents, faculty, and staff in other departments.
- Work in conjunction with the finance department to make sure case invoices are properly processed.
- Document each case in patientsâ chart for proper accountability. Advise students if the lab case needs additional information before it is sent to the lab.
- Maintain all forms needs for lab cases and forms for comps(testing)used by students and hold on to form until pick up by faculty.
- Controls distribution of clinical equipment. Signs and/or scans equipment in and out of the computer. Notifies the appropriate students and/or doctors regarding items that have not been returned.
- Maintains, prepares, and dispenses materials and supplies. Prepackages dental materials according to various dental procedures. Prepares solutions. Follows appropriate protocols for materials and equipment handling.
- Transfers data from handheld scanning devices into a computer.
- Maintains dispensary in clean and orderly fashion. Cleans shelves. Maintains, disinfects, and sterilizes equipment.
- Orders supplies. Unpacks and stocks shelves to predetermined levels.
- Must possess outstanding administrative/organizational skills
- Must be willing to work in a challenging environment in a confined space
- Detail oriented
- Dental background
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $19.00 – $23.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâs work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High School or equivalentMinimum Experience: 6 – 12 monthsMinimum Field of Expertise: Service oriented and ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students. Requires knowledge of computer operations.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About University of Southern California (USC)
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations.
As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Connections working at University of Southern California (USC)
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.