FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) based in Egypt supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to address and eliminate gender-based violence/violence against women and girls, including female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C), child, early and forced marriage (CEFM), and seasonal marriage as forms of trafficking in persons (TIP).
The Activity will: (1) support positive behavioral change to end VAW/G; and (2) expand access to quality integrated VAW/G support services and responsive interventions, such as medical, legal, psychosocial, and economic empowerment services. The Activity will respond to the U.S. Government’s and the Egyptian Government’s shared policy priorities focused on gender equality and women’s empowerment. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
The DCOP reports to and provides back-up and support to the COP. The DCOP is the Acting COP when the COP is absent and is the project’s secondary point of contact to USAID and to government ministries. The DCOP provides operational leadership, strategic guidance, capacity building, and oversight for finance, procurement, Human Resources (HR), Information Solutions and Services (ISS) and Contracts Management Services (CMS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure project compliance with all contractual reporting and financial requirements of USAID and FHI 360.
- Oversees and manages the project budget.
- Manages deadlines, drafting of reports, maintenance of records, and monitoring achievement of benchmarks in the award.
- Assists the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Supervises administrative, financial and grant management to ensure compliant processes and performance, operational and cost efficiency, and effective management and monitoring of sub-awards.
- Serves as acting Chief of Party in their absence.
- Manages long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field such as international development, business administration, or other; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience, at least 6 years managing a Finance and/or Operations department in a developing country, preferable in Egypt or the Middle East/North Africa region.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and navigate politically sensitive terrain.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills related to program management, including budget and personnel management, motivating and supervising team efforts, solid performance management, including program planning, implementation, and achieving success in complex activities.
- Familiarity with US Government-funded programming, rules, and regulations such as FAR, AIDAR and grants required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Proven human resource management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and Arabic (Egyptian dialect preferable) is required.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.