United Nations Foundation
The Deputy Director, Agreements and Compliance helps oversee all legal documents including contracts and agreements that flow through UNF, in close coordination with the Senior Director, Agreements & Compliance. The Deputy Director, Agreements & Compliance has direct supervisory responsibility over members of the Agreements & Compliance Team.
This position is a temporary full-time position for one (1) year from the date of hire, with the possibility of further extension.
The position is based in Washington, DC (hybrid schedule).
- Guide the day-to-day processes surrounding review of contracts and agreements for UNF/BWC. If necessary, be a secondary reviewer of contracts and agreements.
- Provide technical assistance around the negotiation of agreements to minimize organizational risk and ensure compliance.
- Use judgement to advance agreements with complex issues and non-standard terms for additional review or discussion with the Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with internal stakeholders to provide technical assistance and guidance on issues pertaining to UNF agreements, including but not limited to templates, standard clauses, compliance, procurement, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Contextualize contract and agreement terms for UNF staff so that they understand potential implications and risks.
- Work with the Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance to maintain UNF contracting policies and procedures, trainings, and reference documents.
- Oversee the maintenance of all documents in the Salesforce Knowledge Center.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and direction to members of the Agreements & Compliance team regarding workloads and prioritization to ensure smooth working relationships/communication with Alliances/teams. Ensure back-up coverage for contract review and due diligence is in-place during high-volume periods, vacations, and other absences.
- Oversee performance management and professional development of direct reports.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the UNF practices regarding contracting, agreement process, timelines, and the Salesforce system, including having a strong understanding of all UNF standard templates and when to use the templates accordingly.
- Maintain awareness of funding sources and ensure agreements include any necessary funder flow downs or additional language.
- Work closely with Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance and other UNF core teams to lead response on funder and UNF compliance requirements and requests, including preparing compliance materials, such as donor/vendor forms and CCV filings.
- Confirm Alliances/UNF teams adhere and align with UNF wide processes and procedures: use judgement to advance issues and questions for direction or discussion with the Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance.
- Partner with the Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance regarding drafting templates for all contracts and agreements for use by UNF staff.
- Work with the Sr. Director, Agreements & Compliance to initiate, coordinate, and complete internal improvement projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of applicable work experience.
- Including at least five years’ experience developing and negotiating complex contracts and agreements, including developing templates.
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred.
- Ability to contextualize complex language to real-world examples and advise multiple stakeholders in a diplomatic manner.
- Exceptional operations and project management skills with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive projects from inception to implementation with a keen eye to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work across departments and be a team player to accomplish mission.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise.
- Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.