My client is one of Australia’s fastest growing fashion clothing and accessories brand. With more than 300 stores and a vast online presence across the globe, they have developed a strong community of fashion-lovers, designers, innovators, experts, and creatives. Due to company growth and team expansion, they have an amazing opportunity for a Dresses Designer to join their team, You will be responsible for new collection category, you will inspire design direction across the portfolio, work in collaboration with the buying team, deliver inspirational collections in line with their beautiful handwriting and come with creative flair!
Dresses Designer – The Role:
- To build a strong, clear and cohesive ranges and execute effective design activities in line with the Company’s positioning and philosophy.
- Develop core ranges, bringing newness to the ranges seasonally, covering both the northern and southern hemisphere collections and ranges. In addition, the role will execute and implement design strategies across the business globally, ensuring achievement of business sales and profit budgets.
- Ensure styles are designed/developed and executed in line with the trend/design brief that is set, with the wider design team
- Support buying team and drive design to source stock fabric to enable us to react to in season trade
- Designing the right product at the right time to meet customer requirements for the sub-brand or product department
- Identifying and delivering detailed style direction to develop existing products, as well as proposing new product opportunities
- Providing input to the product strategy, marketing plan and range development for the sub-brand or product department
- Present concept boards and colour palettes with key silhouettes
- Work from initial concept to final samples in collaboration with the in-house pattern team
- Trend research – Identifying and interpreting in line with the handwriting of the brand
Dresses Designer – The Candidate:
- 5+ years in a similar role within womenswear apparel with a focus on evening wear
- Extensive fabric and raw material knowledge
- Demonstrate broad awareness of competitors and external trends Significant leadership experience
- Computer literacy in Computer literacy in InDesign, Illustrator, CAD and PowerPoint
- Computer literacy in desktop products, including Microsoft Office (Outlook and Word)
- Garment construction and technical knowledge
- A strong knowledge in commercial product design and range building
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge of local and overseas market trends through various mediums including magazines and online research
- Analyse relevance of trends for brand and plan ranges accordingly in collaboration with buyer
- Experience in Range plan management and maintain key standards on fit and quality
- Ensure ‘finger on pulse’ of emerging trends
- Create/visualise outstanding new designs in line with their handwriting and product strategy
**This role comes with a good salary in Australian dollars, plus relocation, temporary accommodation and visa support**
If this opportunity excites you, please email your CV and Portfolio to [email protected] quoting reference 12155 PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.