Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County
Title: Development Data & Stewardship Coordinator
Work Schedule: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
“Our mission is to inspire and empower the youth of Monterey County to realize their full potential to become responsible, healthy, productive and successful citizens.”
The Data & Stewardship Coordinator captures, compiles and organizes fundraising and prospect data in an effort to support the Boys & Girls Clubs’ Development Department objectives and strategies. This position will serve as the primary administrator for the Raisers Edge donor database and related systems, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all data including producing accurate stewardship letter templates and producing stewardship letters in a timely manner. This role demands passion, creativity, attention to detail, and working knowledge of transforming data into insights. Responsible for the maintenance, use and integrity of all fundraising and prospect data, implementing best practices and procedures for database management.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintains Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM/donor database and coordinates the data processing for donor and gift information.
- Ensures accuracy of batches created from Daily Money by the Finance Department daily and commits web based batches daily.
- Manages the process of producing accurate stewardship letter templates for events and campaigns in CRM, modifying as necessary, and producing stewardship letters in a timely manner adhering to standard operating procedures .
- Maintains event auction software and coordinates the data management process for events into Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database ensuring data accuracy. Evaluates alternative event auction software, as necessary.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of a best practice policies and procedures manual for donor database usage.
- Independently collects data, establishes, and maintains information for development-oriented activities such as campaigns, events, and other appeals.
- Utilizes system tools to compile, analyze, and verify biographical and financial information on current and prospective donors and identify and score prospects.
- Provides donor report templates as needed to evaluate prospect management and to track portfolio moves management and productivity, including new donor and lapsed giving reports.
- Provides data support of campaign and event plans including segmenting and coding mailing and email lists and measuring activity and results.
- Works closely with support staff to ensure accuracy of data entry. May be required to enter complex gifts or assist with gift processing as needed.
- Finalize implementation of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Modules.
- Update gift tables daily, in accordance with gifts asked, confirmed, and paid.
- Ensure donation batches in Raiser’s Edge import to Financial Edge.
- Input donations in quarterly financial reporting, confirming accuracy with CFO.
- Database Management
- Monitors data use, implementing security measures to maintain data integrity. Ensures Privacy Act, security, and confidentiality requirements are maintained for all records.
- Implements systems conversions, data enhancements/applications and imports.
- Conducts individual and group training on data and reporting, assisting with the setup of custom reports and dashboards as appropriate.
- Maintains a production calendar of CRM-based projects, maintenance/data appends, updates/upgrades, applications, and other deliverables for the department
- Assists with department-wide processing and reporting;
- Works with staff and volunteers as they relate to data functions and trainings in CRM and related systems;
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. Some travel required.
Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations. Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and external regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty. Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Two years of experience with relational database systems and their applications;
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and ability to apply that knowledge to gift records;
- Ability to effectively adapt to the dynamics of organizational, procedural and policy changes;
- Experience translating requirements into analytics questions that can be directly actioned;
- Adhere to deadlines and perform with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; schedule and coordinate multiple tasks;
- Provide excellent customer service; and maintain a high degree of confidentiality related to donor and prospect files; and possess interpersonal skills suited to dealing courteously and professionally with cross-functional teams;
- Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
- General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of development principles, practices, and methods;
- Experience in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and an understanding of the Financial’s Edge integration;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Salary range is from $26.47 to $27.81 based upon experience and qualifications . Benefits package includes paid vacation, paid sick leave, plus 24 hours of paid California Healthy Workplace Healthy Family sick leave, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, pension and 403(b) plan investment options. Professional development opportunities are available contingent upon funding and approval. This position is classified as non-exempt and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCMC is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.