The Arc of Opportunity
Current Vaccination (including Bivalent Booster) is an eligibility requirement for all positions unless in case of religious or medical exemption.
Click here for a video to get a glimpse into a day in the life of working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Position Schedule: Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat (3pm-11pm)
Direct Support Professional Essential Functions:
- Implement Individual Support Plans for individuals based on assessments, objectives, and goals
- Provide light to medium maintenance/domestic functions associated with residential programs, including, but not limited to: shoveling snow, cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping and grounds keeping duties as assigned
- Ability to transfer, change, shower assist with toileting and all personal care needs of the individuals supported
- Works closely with Residential Managers and Assistant Residential Managers in delivering service standards of excellence and ensures operational compliance within assigned programs in accordance with Federal, State and agency regulations
- Actively advocates for individuals served and demonstrates agency mission and values in all interpersonal and professional relations
- Knowledgeable about community resources to better assist individuals served in achieving their goals while seeking to empower and enhance their quality of life
- Conducts oneself professionally by maintaining respect, following regulations and agency policies and adhering to confidentiality requirements in all assigned duties
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings as assigned and required. Maintains all required certifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to agency mission and fundamental values
- Cross functional communication skills, in written and oral English, which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner to individuals supported, family members/guardians, peers, government agencies, community partners and employees.
- Frequent driving of facility motor vehicles and vans
- Additional duties as assigned
- Physical demands include: Frequent standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, lifting and twisting
Direct Support Professional Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Experience in substance abuse and/or mental health field preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Acceptable CORI/Finger printing and driving record are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Use of personal vehicles is required and must meet all state requirements to include valid registration, insurance, and safety standards.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; kneel, bend and carry items; and sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting
- Ability to physically assist individuals according to their needs and perform physical restraint if necessary
Direct Support Professional Mental Requirements:
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both in verbal and written English
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage crisis
- Computer literacy skills
For full time employees, a comprehensive benefits package is available including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.