Pipestone Kin-Ability Centre Inc.
Available Position Schedule
Direct Support Professional:
Pipestone Kin-Ability Centre Inc. is a dynamic community centred non-profit organization.
The mission of Pipestone Kin-Ability Centre, Inc. is to enhance the quality of life for adults with cognitive disabilities through the achievement of individualized, desired outcomes as defined by the participant, with the support of family, service providers and others.
1. Interact with participants in a supportive and respectful manner including offering choices and making requests rather than demands.
2. Plan, organize and supervise daily living activities, community outings, and other program activities.
3. Implement participant’s Person Centred Plans.
4. Plan, prepare and serve nutritional meals.
5. Be responsible for general upkeep and safety of the home and grounds.
6. Provide medical intervention as necessary if Group Home Operator is unavailable.
7. Teach and assist the residents in their personal care and household chores as outlined by the PCP and the Group Home Operator.
8. Consult with the Group Home Operator, the Program Director and/or the Executive Director when an emergency situation arises.
9. Ensure medications are provided in a timely and appropriate manner. Assist participants to take medications and complete accompanying documentation.
10. Supervise participant activities in the community, as required.
11. Be familiar with the fire and safety rules, emergency exits and the procedures to be followed in the event of a fire.
12. Provide transportation to participants as required.
13. Emphasize and promote an agency philosophy that focuses on improving the quality of life for all participants in the following areas:
a. Emotional, material and physical well-being
b. Interpersonal relations
c. Personal development
d. Self determination
e. Social inclusion
f. Participant rights
- Participate in other work areas and perform all other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Program Director and/or Group Home Operator.
1. Purchase necessary grocery and household items as instructed by the Group Home Operator.
2. Attend meetings and educational workshops as required by the Executive Director and the Program Director.
3. Maintain confidentiality of information about the participants, other staff, and the organization.
4. Complete all documentation as required: incident reports, progress notes, medical reports, etc.
5. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Experience and education working with individuals with cognitive disabilities and/or mental illness
2. Possess good communication skills and be able to develop and maintain effective relationships.
3. Be resourceful and creative.
4. CLSD Level 1, MANDT, Rehabilitation Worker or equivalent an asset.
5. Possess valid Saskatchewan driver’s license.
6. Other training will be provided at the discretion of the Agency.
7. Must have a criminal record check with a vulnerable persons sector check
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $20.23-$21.04 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.