The Opportunity Tree-a non-profit organization
The Opportunity Tree offers a Hiring Bonus of $1000 – Refer a new employee and get a $500 referral bonus! $4.00/hour supplemental offered.
The Opportunity Tree is a nonprofit organization that provides quality, individualized supports to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in dynamic and innovative environments.
Job Summary: The HCBS DSP Supervisor directs the work of the DSP to support and assist Members with developmental disabilities in developing/enhancing basic living and other life skills, promoting independence and individual choice.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of DSP-HCBS work, schedules, and timekeeping approvals.
- Responsible for DSP-HCBS schedules to include scheduling vacant shifts and daily call-outs received with PTOC staff first.
- Complete MOTS checklist for individualized training for new staff or re-assigned staff.
- Supervision of the Members’ health, safety, and security to include assistance with Activities of Daily Living (eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulation, and continence).
- Coordinates the instruction and supervision of the Members in appropriate basic activities of daily living skills and recreational events in accordance with the Person Centered Plan.
- Encourage the Members to develop and maintain positive interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate transportation, transport, and/or accompany according to their Person Center Plan.
- Ensure proper medication procedures are followed for the Members.
- Ensure physicians’ orders are implemented correctly.
- Responsible for developing/assisting to develop, implementing, documenting, and monitoring of each Member’s program.
- Responsible for the data collection and reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for communicating progress and issues in a timely manner to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible to maintain all other records/paperwork and submit documentation per assigned timelines.
- Perform daily job duties in a safe and healthy manner, including the use of proper techniques when lifting individuals, household items, and completing first aid/CPR as needed.
- May work in the function of a DSP-HCBS.
- Compliant with attendance rules.
- Promote and maintain a collaborative and respectful working environment and a line of communications with all stakeholders of TOT.
- Comply and enforce the Policies, Procedures, and Regulations of TOT.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Covid vaccination required
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Arizona driver license with Non-Restricted Motor Vehicle Record and compliance per the requirements of TOT’s insurance carrier.
- Communicate in English; speech, write and read.
- Experience: Three (3) months required in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) field.
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge: Beginner MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, web browsing
- Personal enthusiasm for participation in a non-profit organization, which provides services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Positive attitude and ability to represent TOT effectively in the community. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member with Members, staff, families, funders and stakeholders..
- Reliable transportation and possible travel for TOT business.
- Skills to include but not limited to knowledge of principles in staff interaction, task productivity, time management, problem identification and resolution administration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.65 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- The Opportunity Tree has roots in Avondale, Glendale, Phoenix, Mesa, Maricopa, and Casa Grande. Please list the locations where you would like to grow with us.”
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.