This role is eligible for recruitment and retention bonuses!
As a Resident Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the children and young adults with daily living and encouraging their independence. Resident Assistants work with the supervisor, therapists, nursing staff, and families in program development and implementation. Examples include assisting the children and young adults with becoming as independent as possible in personal cares, preparing meals, caring for household, community exposure/involvement, and other life skills areas.
New starting wages for Certified Medication Aids -$15/hr, Medication Managers-$14/hr, and Resident Assistants – $13/hr. Starting wage increases based on years of experience and education. Employees are eligible for a 90 day wage increase and annual raises.
Full Time, Part Time and Flexible PRN positions available.
In the application process please indicate your availability and the recruitment team will match you with a schedule that best fits yours and our needs.
About ChildServe Group Homes
ChildServe‘s Homes offer 24-hour support and specialized nursing care. The homes offer a comfortable, nurturing environment for children and adults who need round-the-clock supervision or medical care. Our spacious home-like environments, caring staff members, and emphasis on community involvement and recreational activities offer an inviting place for children and young adults with special healthcare needs to enjoy full lives. We offer individualized treatment plans that focus on caring for the whole child. ChildServe’s staff members promote skill development, independence, and decision making as appropriate for each child’s hopes, dreams, and needs.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the children or young adults in becoming as independent as possible in personal cares, preparing meals, caring for household, and other life skills areas.
- Assist with transportation as needed
- Assists the children or young adults with treatments as appropriate and is knowledgeable of medications and times they are to be given
- Assists with community involvement such as community recreational events, shopping trips, volunteer opportunities and more.
What You’ll Need
- Experience: Previous work with children or adults with disabilities preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
- Must be willing/able to become an approved driver for ChildServe
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Medication Manager, or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certifications helpful
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 5600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together – apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.