Saint Leo University
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Services and Operations, the Director, Admissions leads enrollment recruitment and admissions activities for domestic undergraduate campus students, including oversight of campus visit programs. Supervises all staff members and student employees of the Office of Admissions, domestic team.
The Director, Admissions is responsible for development of domestic enrollment and admissions strategies, development and maintenance of budgets, supporting, tracking and evaluation of campus visit programs, as well as leadership and coaching of staff. This position is responsible for overseeing a team that develops and maintains efficient and accurate admissions recruitment strategies. It is essential that this individual is technologically proficient, understands the traditional student market and competition, has proven, successful leadership experience, and remains current with enrollment practices and research. In this capacity, this position directly supervises the Sr. Assistant/Assistant Directors in Undergraduate Admissions.
This role will work closely with academic deans and student services to provide an outstanding new student experience. The Director, Admissions reports directly to the Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Services and Operations.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manages domestic admissions, the campus visit program, and enrollment budget.
- Maintain domestic enrollment reports for each semester, weekly comparison reports by region and state in order to project domestic enrollment in conjunction with Enrollment Services and Operations.
- Oversee a recruitment territory in the United States.
- Facilitate the appropriate course scheduling of new domestic students, especially with regards to major choices and transfer credit by acting as liaison and coordinator between the Domestic Admissions and Academics.
- Work in conjunction with Student Affairs in coordinating residence hall assignments, or off-campus
- housing (if necessary) and student arrivals for each semester.
- Work in conjunction with Enrollment Marketing in creating and updating domestic admissions
- Participate in ongoing professional development such as conferences and workshops.
- Implement a seamless follow-up on all prospects and develop effective relationships with the domestic
- enrollment vendors ensuring high visibility for the programs and Saint Leo University at large.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the domestic recruitment and marketing plan with the
- purpose of promoting Saint Leo University’s visibility
- Oversee the Campus Visit Experience team in coordinating and hosting both large and small-scale
- virtual and in-person events.
- Lead the hiring, training and management efforts of a 10+ team, including recruitment and admissions and enrollment outreach. Bring best practices in enrollment activities including goal setting and frequent review of success to goal with each team member.
- Work collaboratively with university stakeholders including academics, technology, and student services to ensure enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Set prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through matriculation.
- Create strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data and create a plan for outreach and follow through that maximizes enrollment potential of qualified students in conjunction with Enrollment
- Services and Operations.
- Foster a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Provide clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and
- Develop initiatives to involve faculty, alumni and current students in the recruiting process.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Develop an operating budget and manage it for maximum effectiveness for the attainment of enrollment and marketing goals and appropriate stewardship of college resources in concert with leadership team.
- Support the University’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the University community
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Strategic Enrollment Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of higher education, including admissions and enrollment practices.
- Professional experience leading and managing a team of enrollment professionals.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Prior admissions experience, advising skills, preferably in higher education.
- Experience with related marketing and communication in college enrollment and admissions.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Professional experience working with undergraduate admissions CRM (Experience with Salesforce
- and/or Pardot is a plus) is strongly preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required
- knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
- conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skill in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Skill in speaking effectively to others to convey information.
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skill in complex problem solving including reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
- options and implement solutions.
- Skill in adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office Suite, student information systems and other software.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-driven, collaborative environment is a must.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends. Travel required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, plan and organize work, prioritize work and manage time.
- Able to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Work is performed in a variety of environments and requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- frequently. Work requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motion and vision of computer
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with at least seven years of
- progressive enrollment management experience OR
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or University with at least five years of
- progressive enrollment management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b – Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.