Inova Health System
Inova Alexandria Hospital is looking for a dedicated Director for a Clinical Inpatient Unit fot join the team. This position will provide the unique opportunity to participate in planning and design of our new hospital as well as participation in the Magnet designation process.
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on NurseJournal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies.
- Manages clinical and non-clinical staff including day to day supervision, team member relations and staff development.
- Creates, in conjunction with supervisor, a self-development plan related to professional goals. Ensures demonstrated continued competence.
- Serves as a primary liaison and information resource for one or more nursing units. Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic and evidence based environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes.
- Serves as physician liaison and primary information resource/contact for the unit. Ensures compliance with the unit plan for physician satisfaction.
- Ensures use of guidelines, standards and evidence based practice in care delivery, producing quality patient outcomes and a safe patient environment.
- Demonstrates sound operational skills by ensuring 24-hour coverage for the unit(s), maintaining and monitoring budgetary standards and utilizing resources effectively and appropriately.
- Monitors patient/physician satisfaction and seeks ways to improve by ensuring continuous implementation of evidence based practices to include, but not limited to, discharge phone calls, leadership rounding (patients, physicians and internal customers), AIDET and HML conversations.
- BSN AND a Master’s degree are required.
- Progressive leadership experience at the director level with a minimum of 4 years’ nursing Director experience.
- Current licensure and eligible to practice in Virginia
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience with enhancing patient satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively develop employees, mentor and coach team members.
- Ability to work across disciplines, solve problems and be a positive contributor to the team.
About Inova Health System
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 20,000+ team members provide more than two million patient visits each year through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,952 licensed beds.
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor’s Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.
Location: 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.