Better Business Bureau of the Mid-South
Better Business Bureau of the Mid-South
Overview of the Organization:The Better Business Bureau of the Mid-South (BBB) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit corporation licensed by the International Association of Better Business Bureaus and affiliated with 96 other BBBs across North America. Its primary mission is to connect consumers with good businesses and to educate consumers and businesses on how to avoid scams. It serves 28 counties in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas; has over 4,400 BBB Accredited Businesses (members); delivers over one million reports on Mid-South businesses to consumers annually; has 20 employees; and is financially strong. It’s governed by a 34-member Board of Directors comprising owners and executives of leading companies and organizations.
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Reports To: President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of Position: The Director of Business Development leads all dues and non-dues revenue generating programs for the BBB through sales, retention, and marketing efforts designed to increase membership and revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Directly manage the Director of Accreditation, Internet Marketing Manager, and Marketing & Design Specialist. Reporting through the Director of Accreditation are three Account Executives, the Member Retention Specialist, and the Business Relations Consultant.
2. Develop sales and retention strategies, programs, and materials to achieve membership and revenue goals.
3. Ensure that the BBB’s Accreditation standards and policies are enforced.
4. Work with the Director of Accreditation and Director of Operations in addressing standards-based issues that may make a prospect ineligible for BBB Accreditation, a current BBB Accredited Business ineligible for renewal, or a current BBB Accredited Business subject to suspension and/or expulsion.
5. Oversee application processing, billing, records management, and member servicing activities.
6. Manage relationships with vendors as they pertain to sales, retention, and marketing activities.
7. Oversee the generation of non-dues revenue,to include digital marketing programs (Google and BBB website ads), cooperative TV campaigns, and cooperative billboard campaigns. Identify and implement new opportunities for non-dues revenue.
8. Track, analyze, and create reports on sales, retention and revenue. Provide
projections on membership and revenue for budgets and forecasts.
9. Oversee production of reports and other materials required in periodic evaluations by the International Association of Better Business Bureaus.
10. Attend quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors and provide input on matters pertaining to membership and revenue.
11. Represent the BBB at community functions and in relationships with larger BBB Accredited Businesses and prospects.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- College degree preferred.
- Five to ten years’ experience in a sales and/or membership organization, including three to five years’ experience leading a sales and/or membership team.
- Strong personal selling skills and experience in varied marketing channels, to include direct mail and digital marketing.
- Strategic planning and financial management.
- Negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Computer proficiency, to include Word and Excel.
Please submit resume and salary requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Resumes must accompany salary requirements. What are your salary requirements for this position?
- sales or membership association: 10 years (Preferred)
- digital marketing: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.