Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible spending accounts,
- 401(k) plan + company match
- Accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable),
- Life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and
- Compensation of $115,000-125,000 per annum, depending on experience. May include incentive compensation on top of base salary.
Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS”
Serves as the primary contact person for groups designated as Royal or Foreign Dignitary visits. The Director proactively solicits and handles large group opportunities, provides service to our client contacts in order to grow the accounts, and handle groups with complex protocol requirements while in house. The ideal candidate will work to develop, build, and maintain long-term, value-based customer relationships in order to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
- Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards
- Focuses on handling all Royal, Foreign Government Officials and all dignitaries
- Manages, educates, and directs the hotel operations on required on-site protocol.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Targets specific group, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive relationship building, especially during times of in-house visits.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business.
- Strives to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Identifies and develops new emerging markets, contacts and influencers within designated markets.
- Requires on-site management of relationships with key decision makers during principal visits. Developing Sales Plans
- Develops and implements an effective sales plan targeting specialty market influencers and decision makers.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked. Directs the hotels operations on all protocol matters relating to customer visits pre-arrival, on-site and post visitation.
- Maintains customer, account and opportunity data.
- Involvement in the education and delivery of intellectual property to other hotels within the brand Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment
- Directs hotel operations on all protocol pre, during and post group visits. Additional Responsibilities
- Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Participates in site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Executes and supports brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing department of a luxury hotel or related area
Your team and working environment:
- If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of elite hospitality professionals at The Plaza.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.