Stanford University is seeking an Academic Program Professional 3 to work under broad direction of faculty or management to identify opportunities, develop strategy, and lead, implement, and administer large academic programs. Serve as expert advisor to faculty and staff and have a large role in program/entity strategy development, long-range planning, and partnership development.
* – Other duties may also be assigned.
The position requires successful program management experience in a university research setting. Therefore, the candidate must have outstanding written communication, editing and information gathering skills; the ability to plan and manage multiple projects; a demonstrated skill in translating complex scientific concepts into written proposals; must be able to work effectively within the specialized framework required for funding proposals; must be able to work collegially with medical and basic science faculty, administrators and staff both internal and external to Stanford; must possess the ability to work with faculty to develop concepts into operating programs; must possess strong strategic planning skills, including the ability to match long-range plans to available resources; must possess superior conceptual and analytical skills; must be able to speak clearly and persuasively and effectively communicate with a variety of people; must possess the ability to operate at an executive level, make decisions, present them and follow through with implementation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Advanced degree and five or more years of relevant experience in area of specialization or combination of relevant education, training, and/or experience. For jobs with financial responsibilities, experience managing a budget and developing financial plans. Experience developing program partnerships and funding sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Ability to develop program partnerships and funding sources.
- Advanced oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Ability to manage budgets and develop financial plans.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
For teaching jobs, advanced degree or certification may be required for some programs.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weight up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weight > 40 pounds.
- Ability to use voice to present information/communication with others.
- On-campus mobility.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.