Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 400 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
Overall purpose of the role:
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to ensure transportation of the DRC HDP Ukraine staff to any location within area of operation in a safe and timely manner in accordance with HDP standard operating procedures (hereinafter referred to as the SOP) and the current regulations of the Representative Office of the Danish Refugee Council in Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as the DRC).
- Provide safe and timely transportation of DRC HDP Ukraine personnel to any place in the area of activity.
- Ensure that the vehicle is available to transport personnel at all times during business hours.
- Complete the daily driver’s log.
- You are responsible for the use of the vehicle.
- Perform daily maintenance according to the driver’s manual and report any problems to the DRC HDP – Humanitarian Mine Action Manager.
- Make sure the car is clean, including the engine, body and interior.
- Make sure the vehicle is always equipped in accordance with the driver’s manual.
- Make sure all passengers fasten their seat belts when driving, if applicable.
- Unauthorized passengers unrelated to DRC HDP programs and/or DRC HDP operations are prohibited unless approved by DRC HDP supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as requested by the DRC HDP Inspector – Humanitarian Mine Action.
DRCs core competencies:
- Striving for excellence:You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process;
- Collaborating:You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback;
- Taking the lead:You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating:You listen and speak effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity:You act in line with our vision and values.
Required experience and competencies:
- Driver’s license category B, C.
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Accident-free driving experience (5-7 years) in a similar position.
- Knowledge of the technical characteristics of the car
- Local knowledge.
- Good navigational skills on the road
- Knowledge of the English language
Contract length: 3 month renewable after satisfactory probation period.
Level: J non Manager
Designation of Duty Station:Mykolaiv – Full time based
Start date: As soon as possible.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications are open until 4th December2023
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.