Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara’a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
About the job
To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. Assist with Distributing mails as needed, both incoming and outgoing any other tasks required by Head of Administration or his/her substitutes., assist with re-arrangement for various meetings/events inside the office if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transportation for all DRC Syria employees or any other passengers as per DRC rules and regulations
- Follow up the driver planning and scheduling Calendar
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing,..Etc
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country if available, first aid kit, Fire extinguishers, necessary spare parts, as well as others as required in line with the DRC safety & Security Policy, in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents. Ensures that the local traffic rules as well as the DRC code of conduct are fully adhered to.
- Support Administration department as a messenger by assisting with the mail deliveries, both incoming and outgoing
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals
- Keep track and record for fuel by filling the feul monitoring sheet
- Keep track and record of the trips by filling The Vehicle Logbook or logsheet
- Keep track of the maintenance by filling the Repair and Maintenance Monitoring Card
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver;
- Safe driving record
- knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Secondary Education
- Preferable institute degree
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Until end of Jun-2023 (extension based on fund & performance)
Level: Non-Management – J
Location: Syria – South Area Office
Expected Start date: 01-November-2022
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the below link:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.