Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of Driver with vehicles ( On-call ) for Erbil with frequent visit to Sulaimanyia and Kirkuk. with some visit to Dohuk .
- Description of Responsibilities
- Drive vehicle as scheduled
- Driver should be available within 24 hours normal working hours between (8 – 17)
- Drive staff members and partners on office related matters/visits
- Collect and deliver official documents and letters (messenger services)
- Pick up and deposit equipment, purchases etc.
- Keep the vehicle’s logbook up to date
- Vehicle maintenance and conditions
- Clean vehicles (inside/outside) on a regular basis
- (Re)fuel vehicles (fuel will not be paid by WHH).
- Check oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; test lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Report suspected mechanical problems, if possible before actual problems arise
- Immediately report any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle
- Keep the vehicle’s documents (logbook) up to date
- Keep vehicles and car tools in a good technical condition and make small repairs
- Keep first-aid kits in vehicle
- Timely report necessary repairs or other need for maintenance
- Specific tasks
- Daily update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily using all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations), exchange information with other office drivers
- Report any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Ensure that no passengers other than personnel of WHH and of Implementing Partners are allowed on board
- Ensure that the vehicle is not on the road between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am and that all exceptions of this rule have been approved by the Area Manager or his / her representative
- Load/unload and set-up/dismantle equipment transported to and from the office
- SUV in good conditions and not older than 2018
- Driving license in effect (valid in the Federal Iraq, if possible international driving license) and obtained more than 2 years ago.
- Minimum one (3) years of experience in a relevant position.
- Knowledge in mechanics and car maintenance is an advantage.
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and basics in English is required,
- A previous experience with WHH or in an international NGOs and/or institution is a strong advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to go to the field, sometimes helping to translate.
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV including 2 professional references and indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the following email address:
[email protected]. Subject line should read: “Driver-Erbil”.
Please note that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.