About the Opportunity
- Base Salary up to $50.06 + Super + RDO + Salary Packaging Benefits
- Pay less tax – maximum amount of not-for-profit (NFP) salary packaging available up to $18,550 per year
- Opportunity for career development with one of Australia’s leading early learning providers
We are seeking for an ongoing full-time contract Early Childhood Teacher (76 hours a fortnight) to join our team at Uniting St John’s Child Care Centre in Neutral Bay until 29th January 2024!
What you’ll be doing in this role
- Contribute to the development of programs which reflect the approved learning framework.
- Developing positive and respectful relationships that support children, their families and community.
- Facilitating play-based learning environments that are responsive to children’s interest, strengths, and abilities.
- You’ll guide and support educators to implement the program and philosophy for the children.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor Teaching / Early Childhood Education
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working as an ECT (preferred, new graduates are also encouraged to apply)
- A work history that demonstrates recording observations, writing learning stories and supporting the planning of a successful curriculum using the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Understand the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic and resourceful, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
What we offer you
- Maximum allowable salary packaging up to $15,900 per year + $2,650 meal and entertainment card!
- $500 referral bonus
- Staff discounts/childcare fees (all employees)
- Paid Allocated programming/observation time
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career
- Corporate discounts and cash backs programs with major retailers
- Ongoing training & development, mentoring and career progression
Click here to find out more about our great benefits: Benefits of working at Uniting.
St John’s Child Care (Neutral Bay) is a not-for-profit Long Day Care Centre, providing Quality Care and Education to birth-6-year old’s. The centre caters for up to 44 children, and is easily accessible by public transport via Military Road. Operating hours are from 7am-6pm.
As an active team member, you will be required to support the service in the provision of high-quality care and education for children.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Valid working with Children’s Check (prior to commencement of position)
- First Aid Certificate
- Working Rights Check
- Reference Checks
- COVID-19 vaccination (Preferred but not mandatory).
Uniting is a safeguarding organisation, promoting the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all people we serve, including children, young people, seniors and people with Disability. We are a Child Safe Organisation and commit to respecting children and taking action to keep children safe.
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.